Silent Guradians Land Raider

Does anybody happen to know the exact mesurements of a Land Raider Crusaider dimentions wise (height, width, length, track width, wheel size etc...? I have been talking to a mate who is very tech savvy (he is an electronics enginner and model enthusiast) and talking to him, we might be able to knock up a working remote control LR. I will post plans for this LR idea that i come up with and doing a little homework have found cams and electric motors small enough to fit inside a rhino but i want to know the specs of a LR so i can think about how much space i will have to play with. I have seen some tank tracks and wheels that "by eye" i believe will fit a LR and as i have previously mentioned, cams and motors that will do what i need them to do on the inside. My mate thinks it could happen depending on the size and also how much modifying would need to be done? Possible we will take off the wheels and fit it onto a custom built chassy. This is all just in an ideas, plannig stage at the mo.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4462/lrcconversion2zt5.jpg

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3145/lrcconversionaq6.jpg

Now the idea of this LR is for 'Recon'. I just liked the idea of a "periscope style" scanner?! It will have an assault cannon on the back of it (similar to the APC in Aliens) though i doubt this will be a feesable thing to achieve but certainly the periscope and the moving tracks i really beleive i could do. Fluff wise, it will not be heavily armed as it will rely on speed and stealth to achieve its goals though it will have an assault cannon for protection but the main idea was it was a recon vehicle so its main purpose is to scout and not attack. Does anyone actully follow what i am saying or this sound crazy? As you can tell by the "plans" this was someting i dreamed up a couple of days ago and drew these whilst i was bored at work. You can be honest with me! Any help will be much appreciated!

newach: thanks very much for that mate, great help!

Heru Talon: actually i was gonna make it out of the plastic kit iteslf but looknig at THAT! i think it is now pointless! ha ha, me and my mate won't be able to touch that. Great vid btw!

Hmmm perhaps i really need to rethink this "idea" he he!! Thanks anyways guys!

Archived