Chaos bikers

So, im probably going to pick up some chaos bikers instead of raptors because who doesnt love being able to move shoot(even with rapid fire!!) and assault in the same turn? thats what the 5th ed rule book says bikers can do anyway.

but looking through the 5th ed i couldnt find the assault range for bikes.

so some clearing up on that and/or reasons why i should take 5 not so adavantageous imho raptors

They assault the normal 6" unless specified otherwise. Like beasts/extra distance etc.

I suggest bikes exceeding 6 models with icon of nurgle or tzeentch, powerfist champ and 1 melta and 1 flamer or two flamers. T6 or 2+inv turbo boost save rocks.

i was thinking of doing a squad of 3 bikers, 2 with meltaguns, and an asp. champ with power fist and combi-melta. im not sure wether it would be any good, but it would be very mobile, and seeing as i only realy play 1000 point games, i dont think ide run into any land raiders.

would this be any good?

i was thinking of doing a squad of 3 bikers, 2 with meltaguns, and an asp. champ with power fist and combi-melta. im not sure wether it would be any good, but it would be very mobile, and seeing as i only realy play 1000 point games, i dont think ide run into any land raiders.

would this be any good?

A tad expensive for what they can do. You're looking at a unit of 3 which cost close to 200pts which will easily be shredded in both CC and shooting. At that price you are better off looking at a Raptor squad with 2 Meltas, or 2 Oblits, or a Dakka Pred.

My 2 Kraks.

first of all neither the 5th edition nor the chaos dex is made for playing 1k pts games . second thing is no bikers are not a good unit . even in 1k pts games a lot of armies are going to have enough low ap weapons to bring them down fast [or the hth counter units to do the same ].

I'd drop the aspiring champion from the unit, he's just too expensive for a 3 man unit. 2 meltaguns on 3 bikes, is enough imho, as its just over 100 points similar to most vehicles they will target.

I love my biker units, turboboost is a very powerful rule and there shooting capabilities are often overlooked. Also lords on bikes with daemon weapons is the only way to go, highest movement speed is a must for combat characters. Used correctly they can be a powerful unit just they need support due to there small size. I tried the Large biker formation and it never performed the magic for me, and usually chosen or terminators were a lot more powerfull when it came to actual damage.

Bikes and daemons are a good combo too, as it gives them numerical support which is something they often lack.

Archived