Declates Crusade - Crimson Fist and the Templar

Brother Richard

Alright...thanks for the comments and questions..

Here is the dev squad mostly complete. I want to put a few crusade marks on them and I forgot the inside leg of one of the meltas...oops. It is amazing what pics can show. I run up a quick total of what this squad is worth ...220pts bam! Not sure I would ever field them except for big games.

gallery_29938_2523_29258.jpg

gallery_29938_2523_8459.jpg

After looking through both codexes in some detail, I have come to the point where I really need to decide which way to go...as stated in this lively discussion on combating the 5th dex linked here and a good comparison of BT and 5th linked here. I did a few lists from each dex. When it comes right down to it, I have to use both!

What??

Let me break it down, for 1000pts or less, I just can't configure enough troops under the templar dex to make it work against the 5th. Sternguard (w/combo meltas and spec ammo) and scout troops (sniper/hvy bltr) are really great for long distance fire support. Add a razorback with dozer blade for 45pts can really enhance a five/six man squad in manuever and fire support that you just can't get from the templar dex for the smaller point games. When it comes above that level is where Templars really shine. The monster squads come into there own and land raiders are able to show their force.

Sooo... for smaller games I will plead the fifth, for larger games I will run the templar dex. For Apoc, I will run two armies, one Crimson Fist and the other Templar! For Dorn and the Emperor!

Questions, comments, and cheap shots are always welcome.

Edit: Added links...oops

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice work Brother Richard,

I have been going over the Declates Crusade idea and for myself have decided to stick with C:SM

I like the mixed CF/BT squads and I also envisage the BTs in the Vangaurd/Assault and Terminator roles. Considering that the CFs are a depleted force, having lost so much depth of force, they may not be able to fill FOC requirements with their own.

Do you have anymore vehicles (saw the BT rhino in your gallery). Do you think that the CF would have tech support/ vehicles and such (maybe even a dread?) or would you see that coming from the BTs?

Keep up the good work, you've inspired me.

Archived