DA Squads

Celestin

So, I'm designing 3 new robed tactical squads to form the new core of my army and wanted to ask the forum for some advice. I have 6 full upgrade sprues, but also 10 old metal robed figures and quite a few metal shoulders and such. Should I mix and match them all up for more variety, combine them in squads but keep plastics distinct from metal, or go all plastic? And if I should combine, how much should I mix them together? Just use metal for specials/sergeants/etc?

Some of the metals are a little plain and static for sergeants but I reckon you ought to throw them in randomly to provide a bit of base model variation. The DA vets sprue only has three different sets of robed legs. I'd use the metals to break up the look of the squads, unles you have the mail order DA Sergeants which are great models, in which case i'd use them as Sergeants.

If you mean the DA sergeant who has a chainsword and plasma pistol, I have one of those, still to be painted. I also have an extra Asmodai body or two that I could maybe convert into a regular marine instead of a chaplain, and was considering chopping up my Azrael for parts to make a custom Azrael, likely giving me that body as leftover also. Not much else at the moment though, as far as robed figures go.

On another note, I'm also designing a pair of Deathwing squads, one with lightning claws and one regular, where the sergeants would have tabards using the method someone else here had using the Black Templar sprues, and all would use pre-Heresy style shoulderpads. If anyone wanted to give an opinion on that. I'll likely start assembling tonight, and if I can remember where I put my digi-cam when I packed up to leave college back in June, I should be able to post pics by the weekend.

Peronally, i'd go all plastic, as I have a dislike of metal models in general (so much chipped paint!)

The termi idea sounds cool, and I look forward to seeing those.

Archived