DIY Test Mini

arutha

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee56/newsouth72/IMG_0002.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee56/newsouth72/IMG_0005-1.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee56/newsouth72/IMG_0006.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee56/newsouth72/IMG_0008-1.jpg

Any advice is welcome.

sorry for the double post.

Like the color scheme. The bone and light purple goes well together.

I'd say do some cleanup on the metals...they're a bit too 'sparkly' right now in my opinion. Maybe try a wash of black for the boltgun and flesh for the gold?

I'd say do some cleanup on the metals...they're a bit too 'sparkly' right now in my opinion. Maybe try a wash of black for the boltgun and flesh for the gold?

That's purple? Looks more like red.

Anyway, nice colorscheme! Looks alot like the Blood Ravens, which, I might add, are a cool chapter. :tu:

I can't say I am wild about the color scheme because it looks very similar to the Blood Ravens scheme. Also, water down your paints when you use them. Chunky bone-colored paint is horrid looking.

i like the colour scheme, the paint job is a little basic.

if you would like some tips or advise i can give you these.

*white is a very patient colour, use a very thin layer, it wil shine tru, let it dry and aply the next.

keep doing this until you get the right coverage, trying to cover in in 1 gives a rather sloppy finish.

*Try defining the "crags" some more. easy way of trying and practising this is:

paint you're fingers black/darkblue or dark brown (black/darkblue for purple, brown for red)

Then just paint along the raised part of the fingers, so you're fingers are the colour

you want and in between it's dark.

You can do this on all the little plate parts and stuff like that, using a wash/ink is an easy way of

getting the same result (sort of :devil: ).

It looks like you try'd but you're gonna need more or heavier layers of wash and need to redo the

paint job after that.(did you finish with a wash?)

(this is the easiest way to take you're model to the next lvl btw.)

*take you're time, the model feels rushed. i don't know if this is you're first? but make sure you paint

everything neatly. once finished look the model over and paint everything you forgot... make sure you keep it neat.

it takes time at first but you will get a lot faster the more models you do.

good job so far and keep practicing and above all have fun,

Nazraell

That's purple? Looks more like red.

Anyway, nice colorscheme! Looks alot like the Blood Ravens, which, I might add, are a cool chapter. :P

omg i hate that chapter, they suck. all of the stupid people who get into warhammer because of DoW always ask if blood angels are blood ravens...its so annoying.

do they even have any fluff? not any thats posted on the GW site, they have like a paragraph under their chapter

Hey guys thanks for the response. I suppose it was brave of me to do such a close up, i swear it didnt look that crappy! After seeing the pics myself it felt almost discouraging lol. I see what your saying about the metalics they need to be dulled up or somthing im not really feeling the gold now.

I am going to work on another test and take my time and do him unassembled, i bought some blue tac to get the basic pose then go from there, I will update when hes done. Again thanks for the response.

practice make perfect. i've seen much worse.

let alone the huge number of ppl not even trying to give theire models half a descent paintjob.

criticism alway's comes over harsh, but isn't negative, theire's lots of experience on these boards and a lot to

be learnt by everyone. we all have our lvl of painting and we are all trying to reach the next lvl.

so don't worry about it.

bronze is a nice dulled down substitute for gold.

Good luck on you're next model.

hope you post pics.

have fun

Nazraell

Archived