forgeworld chaos dreads

title says it all realy, which one of the forgeworld chaos dreads would fit in with the red corsairs? im tempted towards http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/ironwarriors.htm at the moment because i love the helmet, but which one would you choose?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/CHAOS_VEHICLES.html

Word Bearers won't fit at all. It has lots of WB iconocraphy and pieces of parchment and scrolls. Of the FW models the IW or BL dread would probably represent the Red Corsairs best. But I agree with the above mentioned plastic SM dread.

what about the world eaters one? if i clipped of the khorne symbol ofcourse.

I have a personal grudge with resin and completely hate making any changes in the FW casts, and this model not only has some khornate symbols, but also the giant split World Eater emblem on the front. Too much cutting and filing in my opinion. Plus, it's bad for your health :P

Word Bearers won't fit at all. It has lots of WB iconocraphy and pieces of parchment and scrolls. Of the FW models the IW or BL dread would probably represent the Red Corsairs best. But I agree with the above mentioned plastic SM dread.

dude theres no word bearers iconography exept the head which is easily green stuffed to look diffrent(although i think that even the head doesnt give it away that easily as a word bearers dread) and as for the papers there easier to clip off than any thing on any of the other dreads. and as the man said he doesnt like to mess around to much with the resin models leaving him pretty much 3 options

A the iron warriors dread

B the blank space marine dread

or C the word bearers dread

Go for the new Nurgle dreadnought! I don't think it would be too hard to de-nurglify it. :blink:

No seriously, I've already done this. As said before, Iron Warriors and Black Legion are the only dreads that aren't very Legion-specific. I personally think the IW dread is the best option. With a little putty, you can fill in the grooves on the warning stripes and smooth it out.

Call me crazy, but I'd buy the metal Venerable one, and absolutely go to town on it with various chaotic (not necessarily spiky) bits, some GS work, and before you know it, you'll have something that is completely original, and only you will have.

Besides the Corsairs take any renegades; who's to say they didn't get hold of a dreadnought? *grin*

Cheers,

Lawrence.

Archived