Temple of Chaos

The Prophet

Wow! I thought you'd never finish this model! :yes: It's, as has been said many times over by people above, seven kinds of awesome! With knobs on! It could have done with a bucket ful of rivets though, to make it look more "40k", if you understand what I mean. Other than that I think it's an absolutely fantastic model and I'm glad you finaly finished it!

Concerning the cauldron of fire in the middle, I don't think it's a weak point, though sinse you magnetized it you could do all sorts of themed center-pieces for it, to use in special scenarios and against specific enemies! A captured Sister of Battle, a Fallen Dark Angel, different chaos god-themed icons and other things you could come up with!

I look forward to seeing it in person, and utterly destroying the abomination of course... :(

/Björn.

Edit: Grammar.

Holy Chaos Gods, that is awesome!

It was kinda strange how the first picture is just a model, then you scroll down, and see the pure awesomeness.

That..Is cool, pure cool.

Would it be possible to get separate portrait-shots (like the one of the praying marine) of all the cultists/mages/drummer-boys/et al, or are they glued to the base? That'd be cool. You can't make out all the details on some of the models on the temple in the above shots.

/Angerforce.

Would it be possible to get separate portrait-shots (like the one of the praying marine) of all the cultists/mages/drummer-boys/et al, or are they glued to the base? That'd be cool. You can't make out all the details on some of the models on the temple in the above shots.

/Angerforce.

Sorry, almost all of the priests except the marine are pinned to the platform. Though there is one of them I use for my kill team as well and therefore is magnetized. Here he is:

gallery_25850_1043_21906.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_25573.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_3279.jpg

I swear I could see his eyes when I took the shot, but I guess a spy like this one does not want to be seen in public...

And here are a few more photos from different angles as requested by some:

med_gallery_25850_1043_26133.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_75628.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_29901.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_56231.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_13993.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_22603.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_57772.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_46442.jpg

Oh! Too bad. Lucky I'll get to see it IRL sometime soon (hopefully). Love the henchman! Is that a LotR-ranger model with a lasgun? Great conversion! I've been wanting to do something similar with the LotR Haradrim-models. Was it hard?

/Angerforce.

Oh! Too bad. Lucky I'll get to see it IRL sometime soon (hopefully). Love the henchman! Is that a LotR-ranger model with a lasgun? Great conversion! I've been wanting to do something similar with the LotR Haradrim-models. Was it hard?

/Angerforce.

You're right, it's a former ranger with a lasgun. I made his hands and hood out of GS, but most of the work was with cutting some character out of that sloppy model, since some places just seemed to be unfinished from tha start. The reason he was lurking in my bits-box was that I previously had some thoughts of making a large traitor squad full of mystical evil. But that project was postponed when I realized how much work would be involved.

You asked earlier about possibly switching the magnetized cauldron with something else, (as, frankly, I still can't see the Daemon emerging without squinting just right) and I was thinking why not bifurcate a handful of Bloodletters, aka, the fratboys of the Warp. Have them clawing their way out of the floor of that righteously amazing piece and viola!

Apart from that miniscule detail, that piece puts the fear of the Dark Gods into me. Funny about that one model who looks like he's about to lose a leg from that Defiler cannon

Thanks again for all cheerful comments!

You asked earlier about possibly switching the magnetized cauldron with something else, (as, frankly, I still can't see the Daemon emerging without squinting just right) and I was thinking why not bifurcate a handful of Bloodletters, aka, the fratboys of the Warp. Have them clawing their way out of the floor of that righteously amazing piece and viola!

Here's the daemon for you!

med_gallery_25850_1043_45875.jpg

He's made of a beastman ungor torso, head & arm, and with the old harpy wings for flying. That's how I built my furies (though not finished) that will accompany the temple into battle...

As I said, the fire is the only thing I would think of remaking or replacing with something else in the future. But for now I think I have earned some time for other projects as well...

• 2 years later...
I don't usually like bringing stuff back from the dead but I used the link you put up on your super heavy church and nearly fainted from the sheer awesome sauce contained in this thread. I loved the super heavy church but this is just pure win. You sir a god among modellers.

"Holy Crap! Burn it! Burn it!"

"But sir, it's already on fire!"

"Throne! Those heretics are clever buggers!"

Epic piece man. My Templars would be tripping over each other to take it apart one awesomely painted chunk at a time ;)

Archived