Dreadnought vs. Genestealer

Noxpredor

The first model that I have done is a Venerable Dreadnought, I have painted it 3 times now and I realized that it was missing some conversion pop. So inspired by the DOW2 trailer I am making him tear a be genestealer in half top half in claw/bolter and the bottom half being tread upon. Is it true that nids no ok her have acid blood and what is the best way to squish this bug. Any constructive comment or pointers apreciated.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/Paramedicolossus/SK7n-BLTPEI/AAAAAAAAACw/gFxlvN57cYA/s400/dreadnid.jpg

Kind of along these lines..

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo205/paramedicolossus/coming.jpg

The General Idea here

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo205/paramedicolossus/side.jpg

Side shot.

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo205/paramedicolossus/gutsbottom.jpg

Bottom half that will go under foot w/ GS guts.

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo205/paramedicolossus/gutstop2.jpg

The top half that is ripped off and being crushed in hand.

Well as I was doing positioning on my dread he fell apart... So some one suggested that I get a pin vise and pin him up. So I did, and holy crap he is sooo sturdy now bad side is I have to redo the GS so there are no lines etc. I am still debating on stripping him and repainting or just fix the spots where the paint is marred... Anyway have the day off so I am going to the local shops and see if I can p/u some ideas.

My OCD took over dread it almost done being stripped, going through its second soak for overnite then I will get to repainting the whole thing.

The local shops were less than helpfull, prolly why I so rarely go... Actually had a kid tell me I was stupid to my face because I "wasted 2 genestealers" on my conversion... He had cranial rectal inversion...

The local shops were less than helpfull, prolly why I so rarely go... Actually had a kid tell me I was stupid to my face because I "wasted 2 genestealers" on my conversion... He had cranial rectal inversion...

That's nothing, my friend bought a box of gaunts (which has something like 16 for $50AUD) just so he could use one body and three heads, every other bit went to nothing, well maybe future conversions.

Dread is basecoated... Am kind of in a toss up whether I want to paint him black and metalic as before, or if he should be along the lines of a blood angels scheme as I think this may be an army I would play... Funny thing I have never finished a single miniature nor have I played 40k, not even seen a game played... Though it sounds fun once I get a chapter picked out I think I might actually finish something.

That's nothing, my friend bought a box of gaunts (which has something like 16 for $50AUD) just so he could use one body and three heads, every other bit went to nothing, well maybe future conversions.

Off topic - I won a box of Eldar Guardians for a speed painting (2 mins to paint a dwarf archer dude.) competition at the local GW once, I held the box up infront of a full store and said (right as every one went quiet, great timing) "SWEET. Free scenery!"

On topic - Awesome conversion - Im working on my Bjorn model holding a Eldar jetbike rider in his claw, with foot crushing the bike - Got the rider, need to get a bike and figure out how to make it look sufficiently crushed. Your conversions made me determined to finish it.

Along with motw guy, boost jump bc guy etc etc etc....

Looking good. Does remind me of a diorama I did except it was a marine and in Lego :P Keep going :)

I saw that. It was good.

[/offtopic]

Sorry I forgot to compliment your conversion earlier.

I like the crushed stealer (with GS guts)

You should probably finalise a scheme and have a test model before actually using it on something like this, just what I would do.

Hope to see more of your work.

Well now I have begun to paint the dread and due to my latest epiphany that I am going to actually play Blood Angels this Dread will look a bit different. The paint looks no where near as....thick as it did and there is a bit more red.... ;D

So I dub this Venerable Dreadnought, Captain Morleo Moriar The Chosen of The Blood Angels Death Company.

Well now I have begun to paint the dread and due to my latest epiphany that I am going to actually play Blood Angels this Dread will look a bit different. The paint looks no where near as....thick as it did and there is a bit more red.... ;D

So I dub this Venerable Dreadnought, Captain Morleo Moriar The Chosen of The Blood Angels Death Company.

Hey Man I'm ecstatic that your choosing the blood angels for your Xeno crushing uber dred but i hate to tell you Moriar is a Furioso meaning he has 2 claws imglad you like him and all i love the guy with all my super glue but why dont you rename him something else plz just so i can sleep at night. Plz dont take this the wrong way. Oh and also the moment i saw your dred it reminded me of my Moriar the Chosen or as i like to call him Moriar the (Forgotten by GW) he is a furioso death company dred who tore a gaunt and a genestealers bodies apart. unfortunatley i dont know how to insert an image but i will assoon as i know how! Happy BA playing

Still debating on if I am going to splurge for the claws or if I am going to GS them on.... But at this juncture I will be fielding him as is..

Lots more red on today will add more pics day after next as I work a 24 and am lazy tonite.

• 1 month later...

Archived