Post your Repressor!

Imperator Mos

I don't have pics, but I can give my stance on it.

I find it too costly to mechanize a unit of sisters already (though I still do). That isn't to say I wouldn't field one or two at some point in time, I just haven't found a reason to. 50 points to mechanize the girls is already costly enough, especially when you look at the Standard Marine Rhino costing 35 points and it already has built in Smoke Launchers. The Repressor costs almost 50% more and it is still just as fragile as a standard Rhino.

When you consider what the purpose of the transport is, you want them to be cheap. Most games I play feel like Rhinos become drop pods, simply making it to the destination and then generally getting immobilized, wrecked, or exploded shortly after anyways.

I would probably field Repressors in low points games (1000 or less) where I only mechanize one unit of girls and have the others foot slog, or in really high points games (2500 or more). In low points your opponent will likely have less anti-tank punch and he would focus on the Exorcist(s) first (If you have no other tanks, don't bother mechanizing the girls cuz your Rhino/Repressors are going to get roasted first turn anyways). In high points games the same holds true, except now you have 3 Exorcists, up to 6 Immolators (Dominions and Celestians) and up to 6 Repressors. Sure you opponent will have lots of anti0tank, but again he will focus on the Exorcists and Immolators first because of the havoc those can reap.

Between 1000-2500 points, the lists are too balanced amongst unit choices that He can easily take out the Repressors and still not worry much about the other Armor you have. Therefore, keep your mechanization cheap.

Anyways, that is my stance on Repressors. Just my opinion as I do think they are cool tanks and add very point efficient upgrades in comparison to thestandard Sister's Rhino. I probably would not field them too often is all.

Mine is already in the other forum talking about Repressors. Here is a thought just to add a little something for the benefit of them. Picture moving up to a squad of Thousand son marines, and wasting them with vehicle weapons + top hatch hvy flamer, and 6 rapid fire bolters. AV 11/11/10 is so much safer against AP3 bolters. My last opponent found that out the hard way.

P.S. - Make sure that you remember that adding extra armor to a Space Marine rhino is 15 points. Also, Sister's Rhinos come standard with a storm bolter.

A Repressor, comes standard with a Storm Bolter, Heavy Flamer, and a Dozer blade. Just a couple points to consider.

And another pic if those people that don't want to hunt the forums.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z283/Osaliske/Repressor1.jpg

I find it too costly to mechanize a unit of sisters already (though I still do). That isn't to say I wouldn't field one or two at some point in time, I just haven't found a reason to. 50 points to mechanize the girls is already costly enough, especially when you look at the Standard Marine Rhino costing 35 points and it already has built in Smoke Launchers. The Repressor costs almost 50% more and it is still just as fragile as a standard Rhino.

Yes, that will be quite true in the future, but it isn't now. Anyway, this thread is about artwork, not tactics.

I'll probably get a repressor or two, once I finish up the tanks I currently have. They'd be really handy against nids, and they look really sweet too.

Can you fire anything out the firing ports, so if I had a squad with a heavy flamer, and flamer, i could fire both those, and the heavy flamer on top at them?

The Repressor has a hvy flamer and storm bolter on it. It has 2 fire points. 1 being the top hatch, which you can fire 1 weapon out of (movement rules apply). The second fire point is unique, you can fire 6 bolters out of it. Nothing else except bolters. (Again all movement rules still apply).

So move 6" and let everything fire, while staying safe from return fire. Example: a couple games ago, i was facing a whole army of 1000 Sons. I got my repressor close enough to hit em with vehicle weapons, and than a hvy flamer and 6 rapid fire bolters. I didn't even have to worry about those AP3 bolters. After that game was over the field was covered with dusted ruhbric marines. :)

To support the OP's idea. Shut up and show em! :)

My intention was less talk and more pics. We've got a couple now, but we don't need another thread of half-page rants over the firing port rules or whether the HF is worth it. Thanks to the dudes who have posted their tanks.

In reference to my Land Raider; Immolator turret/HB swap. Too easy.

Archived