Chaos Grey Knights ... [disguised Alpha Legion]

Lucario

Now before everyone starts shouting, Chaos grey knights not possible etc. Hear me out.

We all know the Alpha legion is prone to wearing loyalist armour so whats to stop them wearing Grey Knight power amour.

The main reason behind this idea is that my current GK's are in need of a repaint, and I can't bring myself to paint more silver models, after my 2000+ Necron horde.

I do however like the Alpha's colour and their fluff, and using Codex Daemonhunters will even let me cultists, as stormtroopers and inducted IG.

Rules wise I can't see much of a problem as most of the anti-deamon rules are broken thanks to the new chaos codex's, and the other can easily be explain. Such as shrouding represents protection of the Gods or something similar, and the rest general special rules - Deepstrike, True Grit.

So what do you guys think.

one of the main reasons I dont like counts as . One guys buys a new army , converts models , gives better support the shops etc The other one repaints his army and all of the sudden its ork space marines .

fluff wise . the AL would have huge problems with geting their hand on hand mounted storm bolters and even more the NFW [psychiclly attuned to one sm only ] .

What about shooting twin bolters (one in each hand), and being insanely strong in close combat? The ones counting as force weapons are clearly used by sorcerors. Of course, that would mean new army, loads of fun conversions, and etc. So I guess it wouldn't work well for the actual GK models. Just paint yours in red or something. Fluff says GK are silver, but why not use white?

one of the main reasons I dont like counts as . One guys buys a new army , converts models , gives better support the shops etc The other one repaints his army and all of the sudden its ork space marines .

Its kinda the way it goes, I'm guilty, I stopped playing my Space wolves, stripped em down, converted them (& cut off wolfy bits) and painted them up as Alpha legion...

Why? Cause the lack of support my army was getting, now Wolves are getting a new codex, I won't be going back, but power armored army is a power armored army right?

I've probably put more man-hours stripping and converting my army then the average person who buys new army, primers, paints it, puts on table.

Its also GW's fault for making the awesomest looking models have the absolutely SUCKIEST rules... possessed.

---- Back on topic.

The Man problem I'd see is you'd be playing greyknights -ick

Paint em whatever color you want, I've seen someone do the Alpha Legion Greyknights before, its one of the few options that allows power armor and non powerarmored mixed units, for cultists.

Personally, not interested since I feel Greyknights are SO bad.

My Roomate is using his Greyknight models as black Templar. Has to shave off the bolter, but its cool otherwise.

Archived