Best setup for an all-around predator?

jarmo

Hello there, I was simply wondering if you guys might have some tips for me regarding my newly purchased Predator, I want it to be all-around, so I was thinkning if I would take hvy bolters + tlLC or 2 LCs and a autocannon? Any thoughts?

thanks in advance!

2 las+ac is technically the most "all around" as it has 4 shots that can kill infantry, 4 shots that can kill MCs, 4 that can kill light armor, and 2 that can kill heavy armor. las+hbs has 7 versus infantry, and 1 twin linked shot versus everything else. HBs+tw-las is really for an anti infantry that can take pot shots at armor if it needs too. Generally will have little use imo. I wish we could take 1 hb and 1 las sponson, heh.

I have always preferred the ALL lascannon variant; but thats obviously because of the the anti-tank/armour role that I always use them for. I have lots of things infantry/elites/fast attack that can hold their own against other infantry/ICs etc etc..

I would suggest putting HB's on the sponsens and don't glue down the top turret. that way you can go with TL'ed LC and HB's as your all arounder (TL'ed LC is better the side LC's IMO b/c if you move then the 1 LC you can fire is TL'ed)

Then you can put the AC turret on for when you want to go all dakka pred (like if you know you're playing orks or eldar or tau)

In 5th Edition?

My vote is for the AutoCannon/LasCannon version.

The TLLC/HB used to be the big boy, but now since you can't move and fire it to full effect, I say screw moving. With this setup, you have 3 long range weapons that can focus on enemy tanks, transports and MCs.

The 3 LasCannon verison is superior at busting really heavy armor or nasty 2+ save guys, but frankly its also about 20% more expensive. For 130 (5 points cheaper than the TLLC/HB) you'll have a nice fire support unit.

If you're looking for a tank to move forward and shoot, well I'd say thats called the Vindicator.

In 5th Edition?

My vote is for the AutoCannon/LasCannon version.

The TLLC/HB used to be the big boy, but now since you can't move and fire it to full effect, I say screw moving. With this setup, you have 3 long range weapons that can focus on enemy tanks, transports and MCs.

Actually, my vote now goes 100% for the single turret mounted version for the same reason. You can't move and fire all 3 guns now, but you'll almost always want to move, and always want to fire. Solution? Take a cheap[er] 70/100 pt tank. Maybe I'm a product of the narrow-fire-lane tight-city-fight boards I play on, but to me, anything that can't and still be effective is a waste of a selection.

Actually, my vote now goes 100% for the single turret mounted version for the same reason. You can't move and fire all 3 guns now, but you'll almost always want to move, and always want to fire. Solution? Take a cheap[er] 70/100 pt tank. Maybe I'm a product of the narrow-fire-lane tight-city-fight boards I play on, but to me, anything that can't and still be effective is a waste of a selection.

Interesting idea, I see some good logic in it, however with Chaos being able to take an Obliterator, I feel that the main advantage of the Predator is the potential to fire off up to 3 weapons a turn.

As you described, you have either an Autocannon or TL-Lascannon for about the same price as an Obliterator.

Archived