Legions buddies and enemies

I havn't bought anything ,but right now the plan is Sallies and Iron hands. I plan to add a command squad just not sure if I want blood angel or emperor children as the squad. I was also thinking raven guard as the sallies and raven guard work good together. Just havn't decided on who will lead the force. Out of all those three legions who had the best leaders/thinkers.

I have a basic idea for my army. I was wondering out of all the forces which legions fits in with those choices the best.

For HQ I have a captain w/ pw

Elites: I have a 5 man squad of stern guard with 2 heavy flamers

troops: I have a 5 man scout

ten man tactical squad w/ flamer, vet w. pw, and missile launcher

So what do you guys think? I was thinking of using the sallies as the stern guard, iron hand would be in the combat squad with the missile launcher and the raven guard would be in the cc combat squad. I just not sure who I should make the scouts and Captain. I was thinking of making the scouts raven guard and the cc squad alpha legion/blood angel. Led by a blood angel captain.

I havn't bought anything ,but right now the plan is Sallies and Iron hands. I plan to add a command squad just not sure if I want blood angel or emperor children as the squad. I was also thinking raven guard as the sallies and raven guard work good together. Just havn't decided on who will lead the force. Out of all those three legions who had the best leaders/thinkers.

If you are giong for the Salamanders, Iron Hands and Ravenguard I would humbly suggest the following:

Command/Dreadnoughts n Terminators: Iron Hands

Tactical/Devestator/Heavy Support Vehicles: Salamanders

Scouts, Assault Marines n Fast attack vehicles: Ravenguard

the reasoning for the breakdown is this:

As far as the bits go:At the Istvaan IV massacres the Iron Hands were in charge, and consisted of Ferrus, Terminators and Dreadnoughts. Salamanders primarily prefer close ranged fire fights(tactical), with up close support(tanks). Ravenguard primarily used a high proportion of close assault based themes(assault squads, speeders n the like) .

As for the Iron Hands bits:

10 Shoulder pads, 4 heads(3 helmeted 1 Bare), 2 Torsos, 2 Legs, 2 Bolter arm sets, 1 Thunderhammer. This gives enough bits to give bionics to all 10 models of some sort or another.

Hope this helps

Phil

Except that the IH don't have all that many suits of terminator armor, Corton. It would need to be beyond a serious affair for them to bring them all out.

they did in the pre heresy days, in teh novel fulgrim ferrus a a crap load of terminators at his ready for istavaan V

Sorry, I was thinking current era. Ten minutes in the fiery water for me.

Archived