PAGK Psycannon Conversions

Ambro

I had an idea for converting a PAGK psycannon model and just wondered if anyone else had tried it or if not then had anyone tried some other type of conversion on one. Basically the psycannon PAGK is a bit boring especially if you have four PAGK with psycannons in your army, I was thinking of using the psycannon arms which you can buy from the online store and then cutting the shoulder pad off and replacing it with the PAGK shoulder pad. The only problem I have then is what to give them instead of the NFW. I was thinking of just cutting the NFW off so as to look like just a plain fist, although maybe I could give him a knife or similar close combat weapon as I dont think they would use just the psycannon in close combat. So I just was wondering if anyone else had any similar experience and what you think?

The downside to using the GKT psycannon arms is that the scale of the arms themselves will be off. The PAGK will look a bit like a gorilla. I think I would file off the Storm Bolter and try my best with green stuff. Let us know what you decide and how it works out. You've got me thinking ...

um the best bet for you without going through real complications is to have him carry an standard, not a huge one. Something like the Acolyte on page 40, I think that would be perfect for a grey knight showing his dedication by carrying a larger form of the Liber Daemonica. I would file down the bolter barrels of the SB and GS a bigger barrel or like on of the GW staff did with their thousand sons terminator and put a bit from the defilier or predator bit on there, but it maybe too big. Or you create a trophy rack by mounting chains with skulls at the end in the grasp of his hand....... they seem to collect trophies of that sort.

The downside to using the GKT psycannon arms is that the scale of the arms themselves will be off. The PAGK will look a bit like a gorilla. I think I would file off the Storm Bolter and try my best with green stuff. Let us know what you decide and how it works out. You've got me thinking ...

I was thinking of using green stuff to make the PAGK stormbolter into a psycannon so that is an option as well. It would be better if it was a good fit though for the GKT psycannons as I dont think I could greenstuff one as good as the ones GW sells. I havnt got the seperate psycannons arms to test out on the PAGK's but from what I can tell the actual arm doesnt look that much bigger than the PAGK arm its only the shoulder pad that is too big. If anyone has both then I would be grateful if you could let me know. :)

I find the SB and Psycannon arms are a perfect fit on Plastic SM bodies. The metal PAGK left arm Shoulder Pads are larger than normal pads, and the GKT arms are a fine fit! ;)

I'm guessing you cut the shoulder pad off the psycannon arm or would you use it on the PAGK without removing the shoulder pad although that looks like it would be too big?

Use it in full.

The PAGK normal pad is larger than normal marine pads. The Temrinator arm fits really well (in my eyes at least).

The only problem I had with the two I made, I gave them NFW as well.

Why they should lose thier NFW to a suspensor driven weapon, I'll never know! :)

Plastic SM bodies (BT Tabards or the Company Champion) look great with Metal PAGK NFW right arms and Metal GKT SB left arms. It's a shame Blizz stopped thier parts selling, and only released Psycannon GKT arms. :P No more home built PAGK for me (only got 8 ATM...) until I can get more GKT SB arms without having to spend £25 on a box of 5 GKT. :(

Oh you guys... LOL

I just want to make the psycannons look smaller! I find that they look very clumsy and unwieldy even for the larger Terminators, because of the unusual rounded housing. Maybe I should do something like add a Devastator backpack, to make the rest of the body bigger instead of making the gun smaller...

I use plastics marines and terminators for my grey knights, the NFW arms fit fine, I haven’t use the storm bolter arms since I converted up my own.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/Focslain/100_0721.jpg

The psycannon (seen on the far left) is made from the old ork plasma gun, not the conversion your looking for but with a little GSing you might make it look like the standard PA one.

I’m not sure that the GKT storm bolter arms fit the plastic terminators as seen below I shaved off the raised trim and it barely fit.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/Focslain/100_0719.jpg

Hope these help out somewhat.

Archived