Project Cassius

Grey_Death

A buddy of mine tapped me to paint up a piece for him. I've been compensated well enough though ^_-, Eldar Viper Jetbikes make for good incentive!

So far not too much finished with him. Just some basecoats and the like. The face is pretty much finished, maybe some glazes to bring some additional colors in.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o31/raynotisick/IMG_0106-1.jpg

C&C Welcome as always.

More as I finish details :P.

WOAH WoAH WOAH....wheres the grey? :P

hahaha anyways

i suggets using a more boney beige colour for his skull...and then use a couple thin glazes of redish skin tone to tie it back into the skin...justa couple quick ones...or not :P it just loks a bit more like face paint currently

otherwise ill await more progress!

Alex

Cl4d - It is definitely a packed model x.x. Somewhat daunting of a task to paint this guy, but it'll be worth it when he's finished! Plus he's dead 'ard in the new dex!

Starks - The greys are comin!! I'll be putting them on in the form of black armor highlights ^_-. I've taken your advice on the face and it definitely did the trick! I also added some red to the edges of the skin to make it look more 'fresh'. The effect is much nicer overall.

Not nearly as much done as I would like. But some progress from the other night.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o31/raynotisick/IMG_0109.jpg

I would have more done, but work has proven busier than expected as of late. Hopefully I can find some time each night to put an hour or two in to get this guy done soon x.x...

Can't see the face that good, but you could do some blue and purple washes on his flesh to make it look a little less healthy and more invaded by the bionics.

I have been thinking about going back in with some more palid coloring. I'll think on it a bit more and see what comes of it.

Impressive. Most impressive. Great job!

Thank ya :tu:, still a bit to go!

Me likes...but you seem to have forgotten that gray is made of win. ;)

I'll never forget the way of the grey ^_-. This is mearly a commission for a buddy! Plus, there is grey in there!!

slowly but surely :) if you want, you can glaze that red a bit in the shadowy areas of the blue, just to add a bit extra depth and tie the face and metals together more

I actually forgot all about using some reds in the blue. I was going to give this little bit of knowledge a go sometime, and I think this might be that sometime. What sparked it was lunchbox's glazing tut. Thanks for the reminder :P. Expect it in the next update.

• 1 month later...

Some progress! I know I have HUGE lapses between updates. I get easily sidetracked o.o...s'why I don't do commission work very often x.x....

Anyways:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o31/raynotisick/cassiuswip2.jpg

He's just about finished. Still some extra detail work to go, possibly some clean up, and then the base needs to be painted. All in all, I hate this model because it's FAR too detailed for such a small figure x.x....It's hard to keep it from feeling cluttered. I think I've done a good attempt with this paint job though.

As always comments and criticism welcome!

Excellent work. Almost makes me want to do an UM army.

Almost.

Doesn't for me! This one will thankfully be headed off to a good friend of mine who commissioned the paint from me :).

I'll stick to my Grey Marines tyvm ^_-.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks good in black.

Thought i'd be a bit different and did mine in dark blue. It's funny the difference when I contrast it with yours in black. :)

My Cassius:

http://www.ultramarines.co.uk/images/marines/Command/cassius.jpg

Thought i'd be a bit different and did mine in dark blue. It's funny the difference when I contrast it with yours in black. ;)

But... but... aren't Chaplains meant to wear black armour? :sick:

Looks good either way.

Thought i'd be a bit different and did mine in dark blue. It's funny the difference when I contrast it with yours in black. :)

But... but... aren't Chaplains meant to wear black armour? :wub:

Looks good either way.

Yeah. All my other Chaplains are black. I don't really know why I did Cassius blue. The photo actually lightens the blue quite a bit, it's quite a bit darker in natural light, but still blue. Hey what can I say, I fancied a change :)

Archived