Plasma Cannons and Multi Meltas

james29a

Hi

Hoping someone can help me here. I am just starting to collect a Night Lords army and want to include Plasma Cannons and Multi Meltas in a squad or with the Havocs. Having repeated looked through the codex all I have found is a picture of each and the stats. Can I include these in a Chaos army? Would appreciate any and all help!!!

Thanks

James

First, you're not allowed to ask for points values. It's against board rules.

Second, no our Havocs cannot have multi-meltas or plasma cannons. :o

If it's not in the Codex, you can't have it without using proxies or home-brew rules.

The general excuse is that chaos cannot have them because assault cannons, and infantry carried plasma cannons and multi meltas are a new technology developed after the crusader. So that makes perfect sense for traitor legions not having them, but then they give us Codex Rnegades. Apparently a side effect of turnnig to chaos is that all your technology suddenly de-evolves 10,000 years.

Fluffwise, its a complete cop out. Rule wise, it makes some sense. Loyalists have technology, Chaos has daemonic stuff. Of course, they took away all the daemonic chaosy stuff except icons and marks in the new codex, so its pretty much just a pile of crap.

because when the legion armies left the empire durning the ehresy the plasma weapons were just being induced in to the armies ..wait...this is codex renegedes ......well no one really knows why and what happened to all thunder hammers storm shields landseeders etc .

because when the legion armies left the empire durning the ehresy the plasma weapons were just being induced in to the armies ..wait...this is codex renegedes ......well no one really knows why and what happened to all thunder hammers storm shields landseeders etc .

Lets not forget about the technology that we have but don't know how to use. I mean, how hard is it to stick a bunch of bolters on a land raider sponson? Or autocannons? Or to put a second ranged weapon on a dreadnought OTHER than a missile? And of course, all those newly founded loyalist chapters fielding 3 venerable dreads, and our 10,000 year old ones arn't venerable.

and our 10,000 year old ones arn't venerable.

yes , thats because they are crazy .

also I so lol at the IW and their poor dreads facing the mighty siege dreads of young loyalist chapter . one could think that after 10k years the warp forges would have made dread hull with AV13 :) .

actually, the jeske made a really good point. Chaos armies have to go years sometimes without replacement parts or precision calibration. Plasma cannons, multi-meltas and assault cannons may not seem like a big deal, but the Imperium's industrial base for building and maintaining those items, while not perfect, far outstrips the ability of the chaos legions.

That's why chaos heavy weapons are all the extremely rugged heavy bolter (a big slug lobber), the autocannon (a bigger slug lobber), lascannon (re-charge and windex anyone?), and missile launcher (a tube with a trigger). Special weapons were prevalent enough to maintain, I suppose.

As for dreadnoughts, same story. The book says that dreadnoughts have been rebuilt over and over and over again. Without the Imperium's industrial base, they're probably all falling apart. Yes, I know there are forgeworlds in the Eye of Terror, but with competition so fierce for parts and ammo, the insane dreadnoughts probably don't rate that high on a chaos lord's to-fix list.

actually, the jeske made a really good point. Chaos armies have to go years sometimes without replacement parts or precision calibration. Plasma cannons, multi-meltas and assault cannons may not seem like a big deal, but the Imperium's industrial base for building and maintaining those items, while not perfect, far outstrips the ability of the chaos legions.

This is true and is probably the best excuse that can be given, even if its not perfect (dreads still have multi meltas and plasma cannons, so they can maintain them).

This is true and is probably the best excuse that can be given, even if its not perfect (dreads still have multi meltas and plasma cannons, so they can maintain them).

well, chaos have many forgeworlds too. it's just an excuse. not well-thought or reasonable i have to add.

i was joking . there is no sense in the fact that chaos demon worlds and chaos forge worlds can mass produce plasma flasks for plasma guns en mass and cant do the same for lets say plasma canons . same with melta guns . its even more funy when one reads about mulit melta[or generally melta weapons] in the w40k world , they are writen as one of the most simple to use and build , save maybe RL .

Also it doesnt explain why legions like the IW [many forge worlds , home demon world is like mars in production capacity] or AL [operate withing the imperial air zone , with free access to forge worlds and imperial ammo dumps] cant use them .

But I agree one could agrue that it was made for the sake of consitency and because the legions are no more and the new book is more about renegedes . But how renegade chapters without the supply lines of legions have , get pre heresy reaper auto canons or combi bolters [where sb are mass produced to a point where even militia units use it] is way way beyond my understanding .

Archived