[Artwork]Veteran SM sketch

madscuzzy

Holy f@kkin' Hannah Montana!!

That is supah-cool. Many, many kudoes. Great posing. And I LOVE the additional armor "overhang" on the "off-arm"...

That's the second Spacer'ino you've shown with modified shoulderpads (or just completely differently-shaped, in the case of the Kensei-'Rino).

Though I hate to test your patience with wheedling demands, you've gotta use that extra space for some crazy-ass heraldry. Some sort of personal sigils...maybe even old RT-style Marine graffiti?

I'd love to see a proper, starchy-looking marine of yours, with added Emperor/Primarch representations(perhaps even Russian Orthodox-style?)...and, at closer view, the figure is performing a rude gesture...the scrollwork underneath spells out an elegantly-lettered, "EAT <DELETED BY THE INQUISITION>, UNBELIEVER".

Okay, I guess you don't need to go that far, but all that extra armor space is begging for embellishment. :)

very nice

one technical adjustment i would make would be to change either the PF or BP (id do the PF) to be out to the side rather than facing forward i think that would look more veteran like

other than that its one intense drawing

Not sure how I would want this 'finished'. Maybe painted. This was reallie just a sketch. As for the shoulderpads, I chanced upon the idea when i was doing up my chaplain. I liked the sweeping look of the cloth hanging from the shoulder pads, and thought how it would be like to do them as armour... and well... tried it out, liked it and it has gone downhill all the way since then. Company champion shoulderpads are not easy to get en mass.

Other than the pad design, he is a generic marine... so I guess anyone can build him...:P

• 3 weeks later...

Archived