Odd Unit "Uses"

sexiest_hero

5th ed gave us cover saves for shooting though troops, I was thinking about using a full squad of bikers to screen my troops as they run into battle. 3= invul to shoot at,4 plus cover save to shoot through, followed by spawn (yes a very bad choice but if i can get a cover save with them, it's all worth it) and my running CSM.

Yes know it's a big valuble unit but A big juicy target like that is too good to pass up. and all i ned is a turn before my chosen outflank and daemons start arrivingand my troops overwelm thier lines. I've always been a fan of the Juicy target bait, and the cover save for the running troops makes it all the more sweet. And it's so chaosy of course i can set thing like havocs and preds in top fire lanes hoping that my opponet, unloads on the bikers. If not they have 10 bikes and a biker lord all over them, and either way neither me or the chaos gods care who they choose.

(this is not for turnies, thats what I have Nids and Orks for)

Any body else have odd uses for units, I'd love to to hear some origonal or just waky things you've done.

I did something similar to that on a smaller table: I used a group of terminators with the Mark of Tzeentch to basically march up the middle as a big ol' distraction unit. He used most of his firepower (Even a baneblade- Don't ask) and only managed to kill 3 of them, leaving the Rubrics behind unscathed and on the objective...

(The termies then unleashed 9 shades of kick the can on the baneblade... But that's another story ;) )

Archived