Iron Warriors Basilisk problem

Bornnover

Hi,

I ask you for help.

On GW online (exactly: http://uk.games-workshop.com/chaosspacemar.../ironwarriors/) is that Iron Warriors can use Basilisk (Imperial Guard), but in Codex there is nothing about it.

Quote:

The Iron Warriors excel at siege warfare, they therefore have access to two special support choices, the Basilisk and the Vindicator; also you may take more support choices than any other army.

So, can IW use Basilisk or not?

Hi,

I ask you for help.

On GW online (exactly: http://uk.games-workshop.com/chaosspacemar.../ironwarriors/) is that Iron Warriors can use Basilisk (Imperial Guard), but in Codex there is nothing about it.

Quote:

The Iron Warriors excel at siege warfare, they therefore have access to two special support choices, the Basilisk and the Vindicator; also you may take more support choices than any other army.

So, can IW use Basilisk or not?

Nope we no longer get a Basilisk. However if you play Apoclypse they do allow you to use other units from other codexies in your force.

But in one of games, as said pretty much no.

IP

All those little legion parts on the side haven't been updated since the last codex. It also states that Word Bearers can use more daemons than others and that Night Lords can use more fast attack selections.

All those little legion parts on the side haven't been updated since the last codex. It also states that Word Bearers can use more daemons than others and that Night Lords can use more fast attack selections.

you still can(with the current dex) use more daemon than marines.

Well, you could. Only problem being that the Traitor Guard units were part of the Lost and the Damned and they are no longer viable since they were relying on the old Chaos 'dex and never got revisted rules to work with the new one.

TDA

Thanks for depleting answer :)

But I've got another one!

I have got ordered codex (but not in my hands) but i Dont know which marks to add to my marines as Iron Warriors - Mark of Undivided? I want some bonuses like Tzeentch's Invurelable save etc.

Thanks for depleting answer ;)

But I've got another one!

I have got ordered codex (but not in my hands) but i Dont know which marks to add to my marines as Iron Warriors - Mark of Undivided? I want some bonuses like Tzeentch's Invurelable save etc.

For the theme of Iron Warriors, Mark of Undivided usely the way to go... BUT don't let that put you off. With the updated codex Chaos you got a bit more freedom with mark units. So you free to add Mark of Tzeentch to your Chaos Marines or take Thasound Sons, for conversion could do "count as" & make them like some Elite shooty squads like SAS or from Star Wars Clone troopers the ARC specil troopers.

So it complete up to you & how you wish your army to play in games/what your style for the force. Go with what you like/what in the codex.

IP

I still play Lost and The Damned. You just need to apply a little intelligence when you are writing your list with the new CSM 'dex. It probably wouldn't stand in a tournament, but small comps and fun games are fine with permission. How often do you really play in tournaments anyway? To be honest LatD are pretty weak, what with being left behind (That said, the CSM allies balance it a little bit.), so your opponent would have to be a fool not to allow you and I find that most people get really excited when they hear they are going to face LaTD.

When all is said and done, chaos is just as much for the common soldier as it is for a SM, probably more so in fact as they are generally more easily tempted. If GW forgot that, well stuff them. :P

C'mon the traitor guard! ;)

Thx!

I've got another thing!

I wanna convert aspiring champion using the Dark Angels veteran sprue (due the cloak) and conversion helmet (from Iron Warriors package) - is this fluffy? What do you think?

Thx!

I've got another thing!

I wanna convert aspiring champion using the Dark Angels veteran sprue (due the cloak) and conversion helmet (from Iron Warriors package) - is this fluffy? What do you think?

Like a Dark Magos or something?

Thx!

I've got another thing!

With normal IW colours and scheme but with robe - like this:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/chaosspacemarines/renegade-marines/images/deathshadowsb.jpg

But with another head (conversion set) and colours....

Thx!

I've got another thing!

With normal IW colours and scheme but with robe - like this:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/chaosspacemarines/renegade-marines/images/deathshadowsb.jpg

But with another head (conversion set) and colours....

Well, no reason why it wouldn't work. I mean, just take a look at the IG Enginseers, they have robes, don't they? :nuke:

TDA

Great idea! So I will use Enginseer model with Servo Harness to convert it! It will look great. But i dont know if it will work... like adding shoulders and arms¨and head, i think it won't look god with head of IW...

http://shop.fantasy.cz/images/sklady/techpriest%20det.GIF

Just look at this image, this could be converted to aspiring champion greatly, but how to add insignia of IW to this model.. and that head.

Great idea! So I will use Enginseer model with Servo Harness to convert it! It will look great. But i dont know if it will work... like adding shoulders and arms¨and head, i think it won't look god with head of IW...

Just look at this image, this could be converted to aspiring champion greatly, but how to add insignia of IW to this model.. and that head.

I would just use the the Dark Angels Robed Head with Respirator to make it look somewhat like a Dark Magos. Paint the robe black like one. As for arms you could use a Bolt Pistol (or Plasma, might even be better) arm and take a cc arm or banner arm. You can drill a hole through the fist and use thick iron wire to make a short staff. Or you could just use the banner arm cut, some plasitc of and add some detailts with Green Stuff. Lastly add the head of the Enginseers staff on to. Or you could use a Thunderhammer.

I've got lots of ideas, hehe. But ultimately it's up to you. Another guy a while ago used the Enginseer (one of GW's best models to date IMO) model to make an IW Sorceror. Iron Warriors are great for conversions. You could even use the Iron Hands bionics or the SM commander bionic arm bits to use on your troops. And it's the only legion where use of Oblits aren't cheesy.

It's quite frustrating that the UK site still has all this misinformation on it. There are hundreds of bad links on there too now that they have got rid of the bitz service. The thing is that when they do update the site we will lose all of the cool articles on there.

I would say that the descriptions for the traitor legions are still valid just unusable in terms of army building.

Archived