Rainbow Warriors

Nalro

We're the Emperors light given form!

Originally the Rainbow Warriors where one of the 20 legions. But Games Workshop changed that due to there bizarre name, I think that's a real shame and in my eye they'll always be either Legion 2 or 11.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/243/0/7/Rainbow_Warriors_by_Nalro.jpg

They were a legion...when? I am sorry but I am having trouble believing that. Very few people even know about the Rainbow

Warriors and in addition the only reference to them is one ofthem getting killed by a Sister of the Ebony something-or-other in

some Rogue Trader art.

Sorry, bored. The picture is actually very well done, and despite personal tastes (I don't like shoulder pads that big) it is a

nicely done piece of work.

They were a legion...when? I am sorry but I am having trouble believing that. Very few people even know about the Rainbow

Warriors and in addition the only reference to them is one ofthem getting killed by a Sister of the Ebony something-or-other in

some Rogue Trader art.

They are shown in colour artwork in the original Rogue Trader RB along with other marine chapters.. Page 169.

Though I suspect they were a "tongue-in cheek" creation and not a first choice for marine players. Only ever seen one Rainbow Warriors army, and that was a long time ago.

EDIT: Very nice piece of artwork Nalro, btw :D

some Rogue Trader art.

They are shown in colour artwork in the original Rogue Trader RB along with other marine chapters.. Page 169.

Though I suspect they were a "tongue-in cheek" creation and not a first choice for marine players. Only ever seen one Rainbow Warriors army, and that was a long time ago.

EDIT: Very nice piece of artwork Nalro, btw :D

Brilliant art. I do seem to remember RT listing them as a legion. (Not that I've been in the game that long, but I've seen so many quotes from it)

Yes they are on the two page spread but that spread is NOT the Legions. It's just the first Chapter list that GW ever did. And the "took them out because of their name" is pure internet myth. They have appeared in every version of 40k except 2nd edition so far. Though I don't know if they are in the 5th edition dex or not.

Nice work on the art Nalro though I'd like to see a colored version.

Looks good Nalro. I like the atmosphere you've created with the use of extreme shadows and highlights. Almost looks like the marines are being view with infrared, especially with the plasma gun barrel and power coils glowing from the heat they generate. Very cool.

I would like to see a bit more detail though. Right now the the marines appear to be a little generic.

In the words of William Murderface, "Needs Zazz"

ZKF!

P.S. I always thought the Rainbow Warriors would be a good excuse to try out Hawaiian or other Island culture themes on a marine force. Seems obvious, but I've never seen it done...

P.S. I always thought the Rainbow Warriors would be a good excuse to try out Hawaiian or other Island culture themes on a marine force. Seems obvious, but I've never seen it done...

You must have a great mind, because in this instance, we think alike. ;) I seem to recall one of the books showed another Chapter using the RW Badge (or a mirrored version of it), but I don't remember which one it was.

But the art is nice. I think that the marine's a bit...beefy, though. I think that making the head bigger might help. Miles better than I could ever dream of doing, though.

You must have a great mind, because in this instance, we think alike. :( I seem to recall one of the books showed another Chapter using the RW Badge (or a mirrored version of it), but I don't remember which one it was.

But the art is nice. I think that the marine's a bit...beefy, though. I think that making the head bigger might help. Miles better than I could ever dream of doing, though.

Death Strike Chapter -- same badge only in Yellow.

I think it looks great and love the monotone approach!

I do agree that the problem with the piece is that it would be any chapter that uses the same icon but the lighting and shading are excellent. Almost like they are on a wind swept night world.

After all your positive comments I decided to make a coloured version with a few extra details :)

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs36/f/2008/244/3/b/Rainbow_Warrior_Colored_by_Nalro.jpg

----

Shadow Nugz:

Apparently my memory cheated on me :( they're no Legion just one of the first created chapters.

----

AdrianG:

Thanks AdrianG :)

----

Liltom:

Thanks, but apparently they're not a legion ;___;

----

Scar Weaver:

They're awesome! Just because of there "silly" name they should get a higher status. They need more fluff though.

----

Kurgan the Lurker:

Thank you Lord Kurgan ;P

At least now I know the truth.

----

Hubernator:

Your wish is my command... erm, no but still now this coloured ;)

----

Zombie Kung Fu:

Thank yo very much Brother. I added a bit more Zazz :)

----

Pinky Narfanet:

Well I fear this is the way I envision marines, all that gene altering tends to make there bodies and muscles grow so there head would be a little off scale.

----

Lamenter:

The site is quite interesting I've come across it a few times before, but I forgot the RW fluff he had come up with.

----

Doghouse:

Thank you Doghouse!

----

Oh and something fun I made in like 15 min for DoW

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/244/0/0/DoW_Rainbow_Warrior_by_Nalro.jpg

Doghouse:

Thank you, I'm also glad I coloured it ;)

----

Pulse:

There's nothing better then when battle-brothers come to a common understanding :)

----

Kurgan the Lurker:

hehehe, funny how much the two Chapter look a like. It would be awesome if GW made some fluff for both and gave them a connection.

----

Hubernator:

Thanks man :)

----

Zombie Kung Fu:

Thanks ZKF, glad you like 'em! The stripes on there helmet make them what they are, and well the first time I kind of forgot to place them :P

----

BrotherAtrox:

Yes if I had some money I'd go get some marines as well and make some of them. As for the stripes, maybe you should try some painting-tape to tape of the straight lines starting with the outer colour first. I'm not sure if it will work but hey who knows ;)

----

Tagsta:

Thank you Tagsta!

----

Eiric Hakon:

Thank you Brother Eiric. I used Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to make the badge and banner, as for how to save it here's a tutorial (not made by me) on how to do it: link

Hope it helps and feel free to PM me if you can't get it to work.

----

War - Dark Angel of Death:

Hahaha, thank you Brother :)

Archived