Multiple Combat ICs and the unit they've joined

SpideyScott

I was just wondering if for example a Chaplin was attached to a squad of death company and there were to be charge by another unit. If one model was in base contact with both the IC chaplin and the unit of DC could it split its attacks between both units? What about models within 2" of this first model could they do the same?

On page 41 it says models can indeed split there attacks between 2 units if they or another model within 2" are in B2B with both units. Now on page 49 they example is that ICs are a seperate unit and that the model can only choose one unit or the other. But in my above example a model is in B2B with both units so can it really split its attacks?

Thanks in advance for any information to clear this up for me.

1. Yes. P41. See the example at the bottom, marine #1

2. Yes, same example marine #6. Even if only #1 and #6 were left, both marines could split attacks.

3. P49. Model A is _only_ in BTB with the warboss. That is the only unit he can attack. That may be your confusion.

Just re-read the p41 and p49 examples. Put models on your table and compare them to the examples if you need to really see what is going on, it isn't terribly difficult and the examples are quite clear.

edit:

Follow the examples rather than trying to parse out 'locked in combat' vs. 'engaged'. The 'engaged' part on page 35 is not "pick one of these two to consider yourself engaged" but check 1 first, if not, check 2. If you are in BTB with an IC and within 2" of a squadmate in BTB with a different unit, you are 'engaged' with only the IC. Thats the exact example on page 49

Archived