Renegade Legion Idea

Okay, I've been reading the Horus Heresy books, and I recently finished Galaxy In Flames. And while I've been reading them, especially Galaxy In Flames, I've been thinking about a new army. Now, I've had a bug to start a new army for a while, but wasn't sure of what I wanted to do. However, I have decided that I want to start of a sort "Renegade" Legion. Now, the idea I had was that the legion would basically be loyalists who managed to somehow survive and escape the initial betrayal in the Choral City. Specifically I was thinking that they would be Luna Wolves who escaped. I have also thought that it could be a mix of the legions who were betrayed, Luna Wolves, Emperor's Children, Death Guard and World Eaters. The idea I had was that they managed to somehow escape the planet, however when they made their jump, they ended up lost and trapped in the warp. So, I was thinking that the Legion wouldn't be completely Chaos, but they wouldn't exactly be loyalists either. The legion would still be sticking to the old ideals of the original Great Crusade. So, they wouldn't worship the Emperor as a god like the rest of the now loyal legions do, but they wouldn't worship one of the Chaos god's either. Basically, they would be loner legion of sorts, one that feels pretty much betrayed by everything around one. Wanting vengeance on the Legions Of Chaos for the betrayal of Horus and his allies, but not really wanting anything to do with the loyal legions, or the Imperial Guard because of their new found religion based around the belief that the Emperor is a God.

The problem that I'm having is that I'm not sure exactly how I want to pull this off. I'm not sure if I want to use rules from the new Chaos Codex, or if I want to use the Space Marines Codex to try and build their rules from scratch. The fluff isn't a problem, I pretty have that fleshed out in my head. And I have an idea for a paint scheme and a name for the Legion, I just need a few ideas and opinions.

Chaos 'dex. They have a fair fluff section dedicated to the entire renegade legion motif. Just a warning though, you will be pidgeon-holing yourself into the weaker arm of the Chaos spectrum by playing renegade type armies. True dedicated Chaos armies have that much more power available to them, so if you want to do well, spring for the new loyalist dex, otherwise launch yourself completely to the Ruinous Powers.

So, they wouldn't worship the Emperor as a god like the rest of the now loyal legions do

a lot of legions dont worship the emperor as a god . I think the only one that do are the Iron Hands [because of the Adeptus Mechanicus stuff].

In the old fluff [RT one] the eisenstein didnt have onyl DG on board , but also marines from all the other chaos legion [including 1ksons] . I also do agree that codex sm would be better for this army , as most of the good stuff in the chaos dex is too[sic] chaotic.

a lot of legions dont worship the emperor as a god . I think the only one that do are the Iron Hands [because of the Adeptus Mechanicus stuff].

The Iron Hands don't either, they're just a lot closer to the AM.

Most Space Marine Chapters don't outright worship the Emperor like the SoB's do, they merely venerate him greatly, along with their Primarchs. It borders on worship, but isn't worship in the sense of the Ecclesiarchy's worship of the Emperor (hence the constant disputes between them). A few Chapters probably do do the outright worship bit, though, like the Black Templars or Dark Angels.

ad mech say that the Emp is their omishaha [wow I butchered that word] and as Iron Hands religion system is the same [or almost the same] as that of the ad mech , then they should think of the emperor as the machine god [specially after he was put on to his throne].

ad mech say that the Emp is their omishaha [wow I butchered that word] and as Iron Hands religion system is the same [or almost the same] as that of the ad mech , then they should think of the emperor as the machine god [specially after he was put on to his throne].

Even they view him as the Omnisiah, they still retain a bit of that distance the SMs normally do. I can't recall any evidence saying the flat-out worship him, as the Emperor or the Omnisiah.

Archived