Abbadon - An entirely plastic and greenstuff venture

CM Dante

Having not painted anything new in a while I decided to start on a new conversion project. The plastic chaos terminator lord caught my eye and I immediately thought "abbadon!" so off I went.

Pics of the rest of the conversion will follow but here's whats painted so far:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/CMDante/Abbadon/IMG_0985.jpg

More pics to follow soon.

Cheers,

Dante

He looks awesome so far. I made my Abaddon from the Chaos Lord kit too. (You can see it here, and be sure to check out Midian's Abaddon here.)

The plastic Chaos lord kit is actually similar to Abaddon. Many of the armour pieces seem to have been based on the metal Abaddon, so it's no surprise that you can see the similarity. I get how you're going to do the Talon (or how I would do so, with plastic and green-stuff) but what are you going to use for Drachn'yen?

Thanks for the comments guys.

@ commissar molotov - Yeah I looked and both Midian and your own conversions, both were inspiring.

The skin was an extension on a bit of an experimenting I've been doing lately. I've been using charadon granite as a shade for skin lately as it provides much more realistic tones. I mixed this with tallarn flesh and increasing amounts of dheneb stone (or whatever the creamy coloured foundation paint is called) for highlights before final highlights with dheneb stone and p3 menoth white highlight.

Gotta say I'm pleased with the results!

More soon.

Cheers,

Dante

@ commissar molotov - Yeah I looked and both Midian and your own conversions, both were inspiring.

Well, I'm certainly not in your league as far as painting goes! I do think that Abaddon needs a more imposing figure in this day and age, so it's always cool to see what people do with him.

Thanks guys, had a few comments now about his lips. They were done by painting over the final highlight stage described before with thinned tallarn flesh and then a thinned coat of the new red wash. Add's a bit of visual interest to what would otherwise be a fairly bland area of the face.

Hope to get some work done on the legs and torso this weekend so maybe pics later.

Cheers,

Dante

Archived