Starting chaos....

nik0

My brother, yet again, is starting a new army, and I, yet again, am helping him.

He likes the look of chaos but we know nothing about it at all.

So I am asking you, the people of the B & C, to gift us with your knowledge.

By the way, I have NO IDEA at all about chaos so don't expect me to realise what your talking about :P.

So explain things clearly :D

Thanks

Best thing to do is

- Get codex Chaos

- Get Battle force is money is not a issue, given you a 10 man squad, 5 man squad & some Bezerker... so could have 3x 5 man squads with specil weapons + bezerkers. Also get Possessed & a Rhino. HQ, can alway convert one of the models in the set or get the Termy lord.

Just this give you a start of a force & for your brother to play around to find what his style of play is & what unit he like. Along the way just keep adding with unit he like/role they play over all in the force.

If money is a bit tigh, I would try get 2x box of 10 Chaos Space Marines & a HQ (again Termy lord or what ever he want like Daemon Prince as well). Also look that the Tale of four gamers in the White Dwarf with Matt Huston & his Red Corsier should give a little help there as well & idea's.

There also a pinned topic I belive that gose through each area of codex chaos marines that should offer a lot help as well.

IP

He should probably buy (or ahem, otherwise procure) the codex and proxy a few games first as well, would be sad for him to spend a lot of money and then find out chaos is not what he thinks it is, especially as you say he is starting another army "yet again" and is therefore probably a bit indecisive and doesn't really know much about chaos past the look.

Im restarting (remaking, rather) the Tactica for chaos. You can see it around this topic in the same forum section, Chaos Legios. Its in an updating state, so peer over it occasionally.

As for chaos vs normal marines, chaos is what marines at their best in hand to hand can offer in various areas, and short range firepower is very high with some other firepower quirks. Expensive marines though for each specialization. They can be fun, and being the badguy/fallen hero is fun as well.

Archived