Ayame [+art+]

Terminatorinhell

She looks a bit out of proportion, her bodys a bit too long, as are her arms, but her legs are a bit too short. The lips looks a bit weird too.

Other than that she's pretty cool. I'm not a fan of the whole anime/manga style (mainly due to westernised ones, my only interest is Hellsing) but she looks alrighty. With drawing, its always just practice (thats why I hate it, I'm lazy...)

I'm not a huge fan of the fluff idea, nor the drawing in general. That's just me. However, you seem to have alot of basics down with the art that other people don't get at all, and now you just have to improve upon that, I would think. And improving on something is always easier than "getting" something in the first place.

Here's a few points I notice.

-Her right hip is all odd...

-She has fingers like a fat bloke.

-Lips are a bit thick.

-Shoulders are very odd. They should be much more a part of the body.

-You need to be more certain with some lines. They need more definition.

-As with alot of your models, you need to take your time alot more. Things like messy, inconsistent cables aren't a matter of skill at all, just a matter of effort and time.

Hope this helps.

If you're just starting out with drawing a character, something I find useful is to find a real photograph of somebody similar to the character in a pose you like and pretty much copy it.

This kinda thing really helps with anatomy, proportions and perspective, probably the three most important thing when drawing humanoids.

If that's too much try practicing on drawing just a hand in lots of different positions until you can pretty much draw a hand that looks real without having the reference picture.

As for the background, it's a starting point (the present state of the character), but something that would help with the drawing would be background details, where was it built? who was it built by? all the things that could have an effect on the looks and materials of the character, and again research into similar things.

The body is adamantium, is it smooth? is it real hair or wiring? is the face hard metal or can it show expressions? are the workings showing? go look at other mechanoid characters in popular culture, terminator, general grevious, even predator etc.

It's aaalllll about the preperation and research if you're drawing something specific, otherwise you can make things up as you go along and not have it come back and bite you when it goes against the background material.

You really need to spend more time on your proportions and anatomy. Really try and figure out how a body works and what goes where when someone is in a specific pose. But proportions seem to be the thing most needed. Her arms seem to stretch down to here knees, one leg is longer than the other, her torso is about twice as tall as it should be. I suggest finding some reference photos, draw from those, it helps volumes. Google PoseManiacs as well, great drawing practice.

Archived