DP Base size?

I have the regular metal daemon prince. He came on a terminator sized base. I was recently informed by somone who's word i don't really trust that all MCs must be on the larger (dreadnought) sized bases. Does the override the rule of being on the base they come with, or do i need to put my DP on a new base? Just wanted to double check.

I'm pretty sure the old terminators and their bases are still legit since they are official GW products and as such should remain legal even if a newer version is available. Much like how the small rhinos are still usable even though they are smaller and therefore easier to hide than the larger current models.

nope . there was a tournament ruling about the termis . all models save the terminators and =old dreads that didnt have bases , use the bases they are sold with . the old termis have to use the bigger bases and the dreads the dread base.

Awesome! So my Eldar Avatar, War Walker and Wraithlord can be based on 40mm square bases. Considering I bought them 12 years ago... ;)

Tournament rulings have no power outside of the tournament itself, though they can sometimes be used as a good guide.

Tournament rulings have no power outside of the tournament itself, though they can sometimes be used as a good guide.

well m8 if that rulings werent generally respected , by the right of rules GW has an old metal dread would be unassaultable as it has no base .

the ruling about square bases was changed in the 3ed .

The rules where (going by 4th Ed not sure what happen with 5th Ed) you base your model on the base supply or you could go bigger. But you could not down size the base.

So a Daemon Prince for exsample is supply with a 40mm base (Termy size) but you could put him onto a Dreadnought base... it to you. However he can not be put on a 25mm base (normal size for Chaos Marines).

Not sure if there been any changeies with the 5th Ed release. All I rememeber was 4th Ed when I was doing my Biker Marine force due to wanting bigger base than the WFB horse base :lol:

Hope this helps

IP

Archived