Converted chaos (now with paint too!)

tortoise

Guys, you're too kind.

Considering what a labour of love these models are for me its really nice to have other people like them too.

A couple of people asked for the pink recipe.

Base coat tentacle pink.

Wash with red ink with a bit of blue mixed in.

Re-establish the base coat leaving the wash in the deep recesses.

glaze with a thin coat of blue ink- don't let this pool.

Highlight in stages by adding white to the pink.

Glaze blue ink into the shadows. This may take a couple of coats. Use very thin ink.

Finito!

There closer too Rackhams style, which is far far better than anything eavy metal produced,

nicest noise marines? no... id say nicest marines full stop.

Good job

probably a fairer comment, just looked up the 'eavy metal ones, they pale in comparison

There closer too Rackhams style, which is far far better than anything eavy metal produced,

Good job

probably a fairer comment, just looked up the 'eavy metal ones, they pale in comparison

Sorry, i didnt mean to undermine your post, but to me, they just screamed Rackham, which my brain automatically thinks Rackhams Style > all others, rather than an insult to the 'eavy metal team

;) Finito? Are you italian?

Thanks for the recipe, just a question... are you using the"old" inks or the new ones?

I ask this because they are quite different both in the shades and thickness..

thank you so much, again...

For the blue glazes on the pink marines I'm using GW blue ink. It's not available anymore I gather but I think you can get Daler-Rowney artist's acrylic ink in pretty much the same shade.

Having said that I think the new GW blue wash would possibly work even better. It glazes more smoothly and is slightly less vibrant. The main reason I use GW blue ink is because I painted the first models in this colour scheme a while ago and the GW washes weren't available back then.

Bloodstorm- there's a definite Rackham influence to my painting (check the freehand on the sonic blaster) although I've always had people say my painting style is kind of 'pastel' like Rackham's. I'm not sure why I paint that way but I guess it suits noise marines so I'm not complaining. In any event, thank you very much for the complement, and you to gil galad.

Good job

Sorry, i didnt mean to undermine your post, but to me, they just screamed Rackham, which my brain automatically thinks Rackhams Style > all others, rather than an insult to the 'eavy metal team

Never been a fan of Rackham's painting and mini's. Their style/approach isn't just my thing. I realize they're beautiful and the painting too... yet i don't like either on a personal level.

Anyway off topicness asside... i adore these mini's.

Been ages i saw anything this well painted. It's especially your purple and the kind of 'shading' (if that's the term) on it that really stands out.

Archived