WIP of test conversion for a Samurai Marine

Targol

I really like how you executed this, it's perfect, the banner, the chest, the helm, the shoulders, it's all perfect. I'd change nothing. Also the paint is dead on, you chose great colors for this army.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I believe this is my first post. I am also building a japanese/samurai themed army, i thought it was an original idea, but it seems there are quite a few out there. everything you guys have done looks great. i was just wondering on swords. i figure that is an easy way to tie in the samurai theme is to give them a katana and wakizashi, anyone know a good conversion for that?

you should be able to use greenstuff for it. its pretty cheap and you might use the whole thing, depending on how many chainswords you have.

you can get it from reaper. i get it at my neighborhood store called yottaquest. awesome store. it might be at a regular game shop and it SHOULD be at

sci-fi city. i hope you find some! maybe you should post some pics or start a new topic! hope this helps! :devil:

Hi everyone,

I believe this is my first post. I am also building a japanese/samurai themed army, i thought it was an original idea, but it seems there are quite a few out there. everything you guys have done looks great. i was just wondering on swords. i figure that is an easy way to tie in the samurai theme is to give them a katana and wakizashi, anyone know a good conversion for that?

I had in mind to make katanas too and I think the best way should be to sharpen a piece of plasticard cut in the shape of a Katana sword. 0.5 or 0.75mm thick plasticard should do the trick I think.

Lego katanas off ebay.

true true. but you might need like 30 of 'em and people might want a LOT of money for them. well not a LOT but like 10 or 15 bucks and greenstuff is only like 6.99 . and who has 30 lego katanas sitting in their basement? not me.

but then again that is a sound strategy. :lol:

= you never know what you can find on ebay=

This army theme is sweet and the execution is awesome. Just wondering if you were planning on creating a company/emperor's champion? It would be sweet to equip him with a No-dachi(huge sword) or a nanjinata(polearm/spear). Good luck and keep 'em coming.

Archived