Night Lords - WIP Terminators

JetfireUK

These are great, I'd love to battle them with my Iron Scythes! I use dwarf bronze and gold to highlight my tin as well, usually following it with a wash of badab mud. How long does it take to do all of the lightning? It looks like it could take an age and a half. The skulls on the helmets are a really nice touch, as well as the detailed basing. I love the metal fence like base, and the razor wire. It may be time for me to move away from flocked green bases!

Cheers!

The lightning doesn't take too long, but it's something that I have to been in the mood for otherwise it's easy to make the brushstrokes too thick or mess up the successive highlights. I'd say it takes about 40 minutes to an hour per miniature. The skull idea is courtesy of Brother Nihm as I borrowed the idea from his brilliant miniatures (which can be seen in some of the links on this thread).

The basing came from the 40K basing kit together with some barbed wire. I felt that these models justified something special considering the size of their bases as I also used the sand/flock base approach on earlier figures. Each base has at least one resin and copper part molded in with green stuff, together with sand and barbed wire. The bases themselves have probably taken the best part of a couple of hours in total. I've still got to go back and paint the detals of each but I'll do that once I've finished the Terminators.

• 7 months later...

Archived