Feeling Twisted.

Thunderclap

Okay guys, I'm opening my loyalist heart up for some corruption. I've been looking at some WIP posts of chaos possessed and terminator lords, etc, and I think I've finally been swayed. So, I'm looking for some suggestions as to what I should go for, I'm talking 1000pts, chaos marine army (no daemons for now).

So, give me your suggestions: -God + reason

-Suggested HQ/Troops/Etc. + reason

-Any suggestions for conversions etc.

My loyalist DIY chapter, The Angels Revenant, are a 1000pts, combat orientated force, but that's not to say you shouldn't suggest an all combat Khorne host, or something.

Seriously, open to ANY suggestions.

Forgot to add; this is more from a modelling/painting point of veiw, not for gaming (a 7 year break has left me a little... lost, rules-wise)

Well you culd always do a renegade chapter. This a chapter that has just turned to chaos, so isn't fully demonified yet :). You could take your chapter, already at 1000 points, replace the commander with a demon version of him (I.e make a new model with similar armour to him, same colours and such, but with a mutated leering head, spikes, and maybe a claw or something), add chaos units and such (Like possessed and demons), but leave the rest of your army as it is. This gives you the advantage of being able to use either the new spiffy shiny marine codex OR the chaos codex. If you want to use chaos you include the demons and take out the space marine specific units, or drop the demons representing your chapter right after it turned to chaos (You could still use mutated models and such just with the space marine rules and obviously no demons). In order to make them more renegady you could paint red crosses across the aquilas and the chapter symbol.

Ok that made very little sense but you know :x Anyone who understands what I'm getting at fancy trying to word it better? :D

Failing that go for Nurgle, very messy, very convertable. Easy to do aswell.

If you want more of a challange go for Slaanesh. They look great, and have plently of conversion oppertunity, I believe there is a WIP thread with some converted Slaanesh marines in it. :)

Good Luck! :P :eek

Well first off this should be in the Chaos section.

As to which God, that is IMO a stupid question. You should choose the God who you feel is the best. For me I love Nurgle and my girlfriend loves Slaanesh. However I've always had a soft spot for Tzeentch, and then thought Khorne is cool to. So my Renegades have a little from each god with the core being Undivided.

As such my advice is undivided simply because it is a little of whatever. As to the army, I would go;

Deamon Prince - Different to anything the Marines have.

Possessed - Not always the most useful to game with, however they can look amazing and are fun to make.

then for troops perhaps 5 squads of 5. Each squad a legion choice, with the 5th being a regular space marine squad.

Archived