The Perfect Plan (Chaos Fluff)Please Comment

Lone Scout

The Perfect Plan

It was the perfect plan, the small force of Ultramarines would draw the traitor legions attack to the West. The Chaos commander would sense the trap and hold back his Berserkers until he knew what the trap was. The rest of the Ultramarines would charge from the north and when the chaos forces were committed to battle the hidden force of Black Templars would charge the rear of the enemy from the south, perfect thought Captain Galenus of the Ultramarines 5th company. The perfect plan unfolded as it should but for the chaos force committing its elite troops early and holding back the cultists. As the cultist bought up the rear the Templars charged and the perfect plan fell apart.

The Khorne force had inflicted huge loses in this sector, millions of civilians, tens of thousands of Imperial Guard and hundreds of marines had died halting the slaughter. The Templars were filled with righteous fury and swept all before them. Brother Fulk Emperors Champion of the Templars on Chinon, cut down the last heretic and met Galenus on the other side of the carnage. Galenus extended his hand in celebration and Fulk severed it with one swing, his return backhand decapitated the Ultramarine and left his severed head in the gore of the battlefield. Fulk had cut down 3 of Galenus’ honour guard before the Ultramarines charged in. No one could stop the champions rage and his fellow marines overcome with battle lust merely joined the champion in the bloodletting. In little more than 20 minutes 300 marines were all that remained all wearing the black armour of the Templars.

The Imperial Guard high command fearing the worst after a loss of communications sent several tank companies to investigate. As the lead baneblade crested the ridge the commander saw a horror beyond anything he had seen before. Amongst the gore of battle 88 templars, beheaded and laid out to form the eight pointed star of Chaos. A purple/blue portal shone bright and marines of the Black Templar order were departing this world bound for Emperor knows where. As the baneblade's battlecannon roared death Fulk stepped inside the nimbus of light and was gone. The shell exploded and threw broken bodies into the air. Chaos had left Chinon but its bitter aftertaste would last forever on imperial lips.

It was more to establish why I was painting chaos marines like templars, but I can't get my chaos lord to look good in black, not sure how it will play out at the moment. It might be a good base for a short story but I'm no writer <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Archived