Rule check

Brother Adeaus

Alright, in the throes of madness that is 1 o'clock in the morning, I was rummaging about and found a box of Dark Angel's Veterans, completely untouched. Now, I've been planning a new Chaos Warband for some time, and I thought I'd take a unit of Fallen for flavour. Rules wise, I was going to field them as a (currently) 5-man team of Chosen. Now, reading the entry, I come across this little thing.

One Marine may take a special or heavy weapon. Then, and here's the bit I want double checked, "up to four more models may swap their bolters for X", with the list of normal special weapons. So, I'm asking, is it possible for me to take a five man squad armed completely with flamers? Not that I'm going to, I don't have enough flamers in my bitz box xD But I would like to see if this is correct, and not a result of my sleep deprived brain.

if you want 5 flamers, much cheaper just to kit out havocs with them.

saves the cost of the chosen marines

But havocs don't have infiltrate, which is even better in 5th ed.

If going to give them flamers I would make it a 10 man squad as they are obviously going to end up in hth and 5 just is too easy to kill in hth or rapid fire range.

Archived