Some random questions

Magnus Thane

After trying out the new rules and ready to get back into WH40K after an eternity, me and my brother had some questions/disagreements.

Scarab Swarms, can one shoot over them? Do the block LOS? What about other friendly units?

A Chaos Lord with a powerfist and a bolter has how many attacks in assault and why/with which weapons? Are all these attacks with initiative 1?

The same for a unit of Terminators with the basic setup of weapons you get when buying the box.

Scarab Swarms piled into another melee after finishing the one they were in. Can they immediately partake in it?

Scarab Swarms, can one shoot over them? Do the block LOS? What about other friendly units?

Assuming flat terrain and that the scarabs are modeled normaly, the most models can see and shoot over them, though they may provide a cover save. Other models may or may not. Basicly if you can see through, and I mean that litteraly, the unit you can shoot through it.

A Chaos Lord with a powerfist and a bolter has how many attacks in assault and why/with which weapons? Are all these attacks with initiative 1?

A Chaos Lord with powerfist and bolter has 0 attacks because that isn't a legal option for a Chaos Lord (they can't have a bolter). Should you give him a legal gun (even if it is a pistol) he will have 3 attacks (4 on the charge) that all stike at initiative 1.

The same for a unit of Terminators with the basic setup of weapons you get when buying the box.

Assuming by basic setup you mean power weapon and twin-linked bolter than basic Chaos Terminator will get 2 attacks and the champion will get 3 attacks (again thats 3 and 4 on the charge.)

Scarab Swarms piled into another melee after finishing the one they were in. Can they immediately partake in it?

The ability to consolidate into combat with a new unit has been remove from 5th edition. <_< :down: (As an asside, in 4th, no they couldn't because all consolidation moves were supposed to happen after all combats had been resolved)

Well, since the book states that seeing -over- a unit means it gives no cover to units behind it, it would seem to me that if scarab swarms are less than half the height of the model trying to shoot over them, then they're not going to block line of sight. Same way as how a dreadnought, being much taller than a marine, can see right over the heads of marines to shoot at the enemy without anyone getting in the way.

Archived