Assaulting from a Land Raider & SM assault squads

Gurth

As I'll be playing my first fifth-edition game this weekend, I'm reading up on the rules a bit so I won't confuse them too much with the fourth-edition ones. Two things have me wondering:

• If a squad disembarks from a vehicle that has already moved, the squad can't assault (unless the vehicle is open-topped). Does this also apply to Land Raiders, with which it was possible to move, disembark and assault in the past?
  • Jump infantry may not embark in a vehicle. Space Marine assault squads are jump troops, but may ditch their jump packs to reduce their points cost. I'd say they can embark in that case, but what are the official and/or general opinions?

Most of the landraiders that lacked the assault vehicle rule have had it errata'ed in for 5th ed. Check the latest FAQ for your army but you'll probably be in luck.

If jump troops lose the jump packs, they no longer count as "jump infantry", and revert to simply "infantry". With jump packs, embarkation denied. Without jump packs, they may embark as long as they have the correct fare for the journey.

Land Raiders are addressed in the Codex: Space Marines FAQ on GW's website. They are given the Assault Vehicle rule, which makes it possible to assault the same turn you disembark.

If you take the assault squad jump-packless, they can embark. If you have the jump packs, they cannot.

Archived