'Ard Boyz prep

General_Drazz

So, I have 2 days to finalize everything for the 'Ard Boyz tourny on Saturday. I am fielding a 2500 pt pure SoB army. This is my first offical tourny, and I want to make sure I am not DQ'd before I even get to play. I want to make sure my models are correct for what I am using them for.

Cannoness - I took the Mantle, Cloak, JP, Rosarius, Master Crafted weapon (Inferno Pistol) and Melta Bombs. I have the standard Cannoness mini with a Jump pack from a Seraphim. I used the Sword (plain) and IP arm. My biggest question on this model is the Mantle and Rosarius. What would these items look like? I know she has the incense globe hanging down (possibly the Rosarius?). My issue comes with the Mantle and Cloak in that a Mantle is defined as a sleveless coat or cloak.

VSS - Is the sword that comes on the VSS from the BS box count as an Eviscorator? By codex definition, an Eviscerator is a 2 handed chain sword. Other then the hilt, it looks very akin to the Repentia's Eviscerators. Can the Gernade on the belt be considered a Meltabomb? I have fashioned some crude books outta green stuff that I glued to the Waist of them, so I have the BoStL covered.

Other then that, I am pretty confident that my Sisters are set for WYSIWYG.

I am taking a chance by only fielding 2 Exo's and 1 squad of Retributors for Flank defense of the Exo's(mounted in an Immolator). 5 squads of sisters (flamers galore 2 squads rhino mounted) Cannoness IC and St Celastine, squad of Seraphim, Squad of Repentia. All squads have VSS (that are able to do so) so I have 12 Faith Points. Feel confident with the army, as I was able to annihalate a Ultramarines player last weekend in a tune up game.

any thoughts?

If you havent done so, I would look at the scenarios that will be played, they are up at the GW site.

I had an almost similar list (look at the army list forum), but after seeing the scenarios, I had to make some changes.

As much as I hated to do so, and only because of the way this tournament is, I dropped my Canoness and am running with a Saint only. 2 of the 3 scenarios are based on kill points, and HQs for this tournament are 3KP each. Having toughness 3 for our units is our biggest detriment and the Canoness usually serves her purpose of martyr quite well, however, I am not willing to give my opponent 3 Kill points just for a little more faith. Even with a Mantle, the Canoness is too easy to kill. The Saint's ability to resurrect can more than likely deny my opponent 3 KP for the HQ selection. On top of that, there are bonus points if you can move all your HQ choices to scoring areas. It will be much easier to do with a single HQ. I used the points from the Canoness to up my troops a little more since they remain 1 KP and transports are 0 KP.

As for modeling concerns, Generally speaking, small wargear items, like grenades, don't need to be modeled unless tourney officials want to be asshats. Just make sure you have several copies of your list for the official and your opponent so that they know what you are fielding as well. For the Canoness, if you decide to use her and are using the newer one, she has a furry back that tops the cloak and that can be a Mantle and the Rosarius is the simply the chain that holds her inquisitorial symbol. The Chainsword on the VSS (if you use the new one) can easily represent the Eviscerator and I doubt anyone would question you on it. Meltabombs again do not require modeling. My official has already told me that I don't need to worry about grenades and I just folded up little pieces of paper and stuck them under the Vets feet to represent books and he said that was fine.

For Extra Armor, I just taped a piece of small cardboard to the top or front of my vehicles. WYSIWYG doesn't have to look glorious, it just needs to be represented (with few exceptions). Heck, I made a combi-melta by clipping the melta head off an extra Multimelta and gluing it to the side of a Bolter. It looks stupid, but people know what it is.

Yeah, I DL'd the PDF this morning and got a look at it. I actually plan on keeping the Cannoness due to her JP. I can keep her outta harms way by Deep Striking her into the game in a place where she will be in position to sit on an objective. She is a tank buster anyway (meltas+Inferno Pistol) so she is going to stay away from troop squads. I can always tie her to a squad and keep her ground based if the need arises.

I didn't even think of the Extra Armour mods needed for all my Vehicles. Damn. Still have a squad to paint and an Exo to build/paint. Gonna be a long night Friday night.

Something else you may not have considered... WYSIWYG works the other way too. The VSS with Chainsword typically comes with a Plasma Pistol. If you haven't clipped it off, you must give her a Plasma Pistol. As far as I know, this is only in the case of weapons as you are not required to take grenades for your Battle Sisters (as an example) even if they have it modeled on them. But weapons must be modeled correctly to represent what they are equipped with.

The Rosarius is usually a necklace or some other kind of jewelry, IIRC.

Wiki - Carved Rosary.jpg

"Rosarius" is a corruption of the word "rosary". A rosary is essentially a set of prayer beads, varying in length with beads varying size (and that is why they are Priests-only in the Imperial Guard codex, completely unavailable to Space Marines and Daemonhunters).

The Cannoness model actually wears a very long Rosarius around her waist like a belt. And yes, it is the chain of beads with the incense brazier on the end.

The balding Priest model with the sword wears a small one around neck, with a small Inquisition symbol as a pendant.

The Confessor Kyrinov model also wears a small one around his neck with a very large winged Inquisition symbol on the pendant end.

And technically speaking, every Sisters model carries a Rosarius of some kind. On most of them, including the heavy weapon-toting Sisters, it is the chain of beads they wear around their waist with the Inquisition symbol hanging over their "skirt". On certain others, it is either held in the Sister's free hand or wrapped around her wrist with symbol hanging down. The easy way to look for it is to find the Inquisition icon first, and then look for the chain of beads that it hangs from.

Since every Sister has a Rosarius, that doesn't mean you have to cut them all off. It only means that not all things are made equal, and the Rosarius that an ordinary Sister carries has no special properties.

@7eAl;

Rosarius is the icon at the end of the rosary.

The winged Inquisitional I is the churches icon, the I with the three little dashes across the middle is Inquisition.

I think an I with a skull in the middle and no wings is also the church.

What the sisters have, the rosary, is in fact called a Chaplet Ecclesiasticus, (Beads and Icon inclusive)

The Icon is the symbol of the church and each bead represents an act of penitence undertaken by the sister. (Although, with longer serving sisters they could represent 10 - 1000 acts each)

Page 19 Codex Witchhunters.

Archived