New Codex SM Units

Nightrunner

If the faq says "take vehicles from codex SM" then i say take em all. Couldn't bother with something stating "Rhino this and that" as for armoury well it says in our dex we take from their. So thats 5 points EA and we have ourselves the cheapest Rhino.

Only 1 thing GW can do to prevent this and they said they wouldn't. Whose :) now.

Hi, after reading the new WD it mentions new bolter rounds for sternguard. however it then mentions scouts and a couple of the captain/commanders having them...do you guys think we'd be able to use them?

if we can choose one unit of C:SM scouts, does that mean we could use the special rounds then? i only looked through the new codex once. so i didn't really get it all, also does that mean we get get grenade launcher scouts?

Hi, after reading the new WD it mentions new bolter rounds for sternguard. however it then mentions scouts and a couple of the captain/commanders having them...do you guys think we'd be able to use them?

if we can choose one unit of C:SM scouts, does that mean we could use the special rounds then? i only looked through the new codex once. so i didn't really get it all, also does that mean we get get grenade launcher scouts?

The only grenade launchers scouts get are on bikes.

I'd say we can use the special rounds, as "one squad of wolf scouts may be armed like one squad of scouts from codex: space marines" or something to that effect.

However, I OBEL my scouts for rapid moving close range anti armor, so I don't see the reason to take regular scout weapons like heavy bolters or sniper rifles.

I'd say we can use the special rounds, as "one squad of wolf scouts may be armed like one squad of scouts from codex: space marines" or something to that effect.

However, I OBEL my scouts for rapid moving close range anti armor, so I don't see the reason to take regular scout weapons like heavy bolters or sniper rifles.

SM scouts can take hellfire rounds which always wound on 2+, but only have a BS of 3.

However our scouts are BS4, so I can see a squad of 5 with 4 FREE sniper rifles and a Heavy Bolter with Hellfire Rounds being a cheap and very effective way to deal with MC's ;)

I'd have to look into this after I run some errands but it sounds legit and I'd possibly be fielding wolf scouts as... dare I say... smurf scouts?

i know, i got another look at the codex and i have to say... it seems kinda tempting, being that a lot of people i play don't keep their tanks out back for long any more (can't imagine why ;) ).

ohh, and i got a e-mail back from GW about the different FAQs (i am sure you all have seen this):

Though we do

appreciate your email we are sorry to inform you that we can only answer

rules questions by calling the "Rulezboyz".

it just makes me happy.... that's why i sent another e-mail..... and on monday i will call, stupid work, why can't money grow on trees.

I just got a good look at the codex and I have to agree that Space Wolf scouts can take a heavy bolter with the hellfire rounds "One Scout may replace his boltgun with a heavy bolter (with hellfire shells) or a missile launcher...."

So now I have to think about getting some normal scouts to use instead of the OBEL ones.

Archived