Singing and dancing Land Raider!

Gurth

• 2 weeks later...

For the battery space, you could probably fan-dangulate* the 'engine' part of the raider by scooping out a vaguely battery-sized area and putting little bits of steel or whatever at the top and bottom- instant battery holder, using less space than the three batteries by themselves!

You still had another battery in the MP3 player too, didn't you?

*Yes, I'm aware it's not a real word. Neither is 'Plasteel' :huh:!

For the battery space, you could probably fan-dangulate* the 'engine' part of the raider by scooping out a vaguely battery-sized area and putting little bits of steel or whatever at the top and bottom- instant battery holder, using less space than the three batteries by themselves!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean … If you suggest putting the batteries at the back, below the engine deck, then I wonder how you'd go about changing them when they're empty … ?

You still had another battery in the MP3 player too, didn't you?

Yes. I decided to keep it separate from the other power supply because the MP3 player needs only 1.5 volts, and anyway the thing takes up the room it does regardless of whether there's a battery in it or not.

That's what I thought you meant :nuke: IMHO it would create more problems than it solves, though … first you'd have to cut it off neatly so you won't have an ugly and obvious line running through the model, and second you'll have to make sure everything is light-proof. That last bit is probably easiest to do with a bit of plastic card as a front wall to the battery compartment, though. But why go to this trouble if you're using a model that has a nice, big, operating hatch up front anyway? :nuke:

Archived