Return of the Relictors

dogfender

When I peered into the new marine dex I was happy to see that Relictors were still apart codex and had not been blown apart like in the UK white dwarf. While the old weapon rules for the Relictors arent usable anymore, and the new marine dex doesnt support the Relictors rich background in demon weapons and other mysterious goodies. I will be using the Chaos marine dex to represent them instead!

Thousand Son rules work perfectly, allowing each of my squads to take 1 sorcerer or 'Inner Sanctum member'. So their force weapon would make a great 'count as' demon weapon and their psychic ability is basically like them being a librarian in training or better yet just using more chaos power to fight chaos. The same goes for the units bolters, 1ksons have magic bullets and this same effect could be used in limbo normal marines using more chaos weaponry/ bullets/ blessed guns.

To make the army more flavorfull I will take a couple obliterators to represent demon hosts as well as take a unit of summoned demons they can call forth.

The idea is basically make the Relictors as though they have spiraled deeper into chaos but retaining their loyalties.

To start off here are two of three 'sorcerers'.

I still need to add the wax seal onto the purity seals, give them backpacks and give them other little doodads like books and scroll cases.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/d0gfender/WIP/DSCN1881.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/d0gfender/WIP/DSCN1880.jpg

oh and heres an old relictor cpt I did a looong time ago

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/d0gfender/DSCN0705.jpg

I've always liked their fluff, it's nice to see that they're still gonna be here. Personally I'd use a relic blade as a daemon weapon, cos I want all the new space marine rules XD. But using chaos is quite a good idea those models are looking great keep it up. :huh:

the sword on the second guy is wicked!!!

the pics of the old captain don't show how cool the paintjob actually is...

he has more of a glowin' quality in real life, especially on the flail...

look forward to seein' some paint on the sorcerers...

cheers

jah

Great work so far, the second guy is my favorite of the two, the expression with the clenched fist is just perfect.

Using either C:CSM or the upcoming C:SM would be great for Relictors rules. Although 1ksons is pretty close to Relictors and it's definitely the closest of the 4 chaos gods.

Can't wait to see them painted, looks like you did a great job on your older model. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Archived