Valkyrie

Imperator Mos

I want to use one so bad, I can just imagine one of those roaring in for landing, spewing out a squad of angry battle sisters without the landing gear even touching the ground like a Vietnam war movie.

Can Sisters take them as a transport?

I have one for my Imperial Guard army, but it doesn't get much use. Extremely expensive both in dollars and points for what they do, but it's hard to deny how cool the model looks :o

Imperator Mos: Nicely painted! But a splash of color would go a long way, IMO.

LONEWOLF: Stellar scratchbuild. What materials did you use, and did you go from plans or simply wing it?

If I remember correctly, they are a transport option for IG Stormtroopers, Inq Stormtroopers, or Inquisitors, and can only be purchased as a transport for a unit.

Of course, after the game starts it can certainly load the Sisters standing next to it...

They have VTOL/Hover mode too.

I've always wanted some... I'm really hoping the plastic Valkyrie rumors turn out to be true.

More importantly, the rumors are that Valkyrie's are going to be fully legal models in standard 40k games (obviously not with the normal flyer rules but they'll likely be treated as a fast skimmer). Quite awesome. Personally I'm hoping Vulture's and Thunderbolts make it to plastic, my apocalypse army is itching for some but they're too expensive. Oh well, perhaps some day.

I hope they don't make Valks into skimmers. WHat makes them unique (and awesome) are the flyer rules.

As much as I'd LOVE to see plastic Valks, Vults, and Lightnings, I'd hate to see it if it meant dumbing their rules down to where they just become skimmers.

Than again I play Elysians and am pretty uptight about my fliers. That's what makes us special after all :-)

Well, seeing as how Flying rules are OP in the standard 40k game you can't expect them to be used for a standard Imperial Guard codex. However, even if the rules are for skimmers in a standard game, in Apocalypse flying comes back into full swing.

That is of course, until the rumored "Codex: Planetstrike" comes out with rules for flyers in standard games. Until then, expect Valks to equal fast skimmers (essentially Valks as VTOL mode only)

If I remember correctly, they are a transport option for IG Stormtroopers, Inq Stormtroopers, or Inquisitors, and can only be purchased as a transport for a unit.
Damn, so I can't use it, then. The WH army cannot include elites from inducted guardsmen (0/0/2/1/1 from inducted IG, IIRC), and I very strongly dislike using inquisitorial units in my army (so no Inquisitor or Inq Stormies).

Well, if worse comes to worse, get the female WH inquisitor with the inferno pistol and buy her as an elite. Paint her with the same scheme as your regular SoB. Then make her an "SoB counselor" and join her to a SoB squad. She can then buy the Valkyrie for your army!

I've got a Valkyrie, a lightning and a vulture (well 3 actually, but only one is assembled!). They add great fun to apocalypse games although they usually to expensive for what they help accomplish.

Phil

ps I'll post pics laters but you can find some on my friend's blog: http://nybbaswarhammer.blogspot.com/ (scroll down about 2/3rd of the page)

Well all i can say is that I am hoping, and praying, and doing whatever else I think may work to allow Valks to be taken as transport options in inducted IG units in a legal DH/WH list. Whether they are regular guard, hardened veterans, stormtroopers or grenadiers I don't care, as long as they are a troop choice. It is where I have always wanted to see my WH & DH go. I mean who in their right mind would walk onto the battlefield? I envisage an all air/deepstriking deployment, with air support in any engagement. As to pics, I am waiting expectantly for the rumoured plastic valk, so I have none. But I do have 3 scratch built thunderbolts I would love to use as support to a number of valks.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/mercenary79/thunderbolt.jpg

As far as IG goes, Grenadiers and stormtroopers aren't troops choices without doctrines, which can't be taken by IG. you could very possibly use IG with WH/DH allies though.

Yes, yes, I know the current force organisation of IG. I was more refering to the possibilities when the new IG codex comes out. It is rumoured that standard troop squads can be upgraded to an 'elite' type of troop choice. Whether these are stormtroopers, hardened veterans, or something else nobody knows. All I am hoping is that standard infantry platoons can be upgraded to some other elite version, therby making them a legal induction in a DH/WH with the potential to take valks as transports.

Yes, yes, I know the current force organisation of IG. I was more refering to the possibilities when the new IG codex comes out. It is rumoured that standard troop squads can be upgraded to an 'elite' type of troop choice. Whether these are stormtroopers, hardened veterans, or something else nobody knows. All I am hoping is that standard infantry platoons can be upgraded to some other elite version, therby making them a legal induction in a DH/WH with the potential to take valks as transports.

Should be Hardened Veterans, if not both options.

I know that Hardened Veterans will no longer be an Elites choice and will be a squad upgrade instead.

Archived