highlander29

Right so far i have thought this up

1 brother captain w/ phycannon

2x 10 PAGK's

inducted infantry platoon

junior officer w/ auto cannon

2x 10guards men w/ auto cannons and grenade launchers

=862 points

This will be the core of my 100 points list however i dont know what to spend the last 138 points on i think it will need to be something for anti tank needs ? also comment on the core of the army as it is

I'd go Lascannons on your infantry squads, as 20 stormbolters, mass lasguns, and grenade launchers should take care of any infantry issues.

For fluff, I'd go with an Inquistor (as I think there needs to be one to induct the guardsmen) you can also trick him out for anti-tank by giving him a combi-melta, Rhino, and a couple melta warriors to help him out.

This is my 1000 pts list

BC with psycannon with retinue of 3 Terms 1 with psycannon

2 x Justicar and 7 PAGK

2 x Dreadnought with TLLC, ML and Extra Armour

994 pts

or

BC with psycannon with hammerhamd (gets 1 psychic power free) with retinue of 3 Terms 1 with psycannon

3 x Justicar and 6 PAGK

1 x Dreadnought with TLLC, ML and Extra Armour

999 pts

or

BC with psycannon with hammerhamd (gets 1 psychic power free)

3 x Justicar and 6 PAGK

2 x Dreadnought with TLLC, ML and Extra Armour

981 pts add in some extra equipment smoke on the dreads maybe targeters

or

BC with hammerhamd (gets 1 psychic power free)

3 x Justicar and 7 PAGK

Dreadnought with TLLC

Dreadnought with TLLC

996 pts

In all cases I take the dreads for anti armour. BC will die easily so sometimes it is not worth giving the psycannon as it will go.

I would say try to get 3 squads of 6 or more PAGKs for objectives, any less and they too easy to destroy, you may just want 2 squads of 7 and then use the spare points on cannon fodder guards or stromtroopers, not sure on the price of guard but ST are 10 pts a pop so quite a few to take the fire.

Hope this helps.

Spartans, are you sure Grey Knights Heroes get a free psychic power? Aside from that the lists look pretty solid for a pure Grey Knights force.

Highlander, I'll agree with the others who say some form of AT will probably serve you well in this list; the autocannons can handle light armor easily and medium if you get lucky, but a lascannon or meltagun unit would be highly useful for dealing with any heavier vehicles. A Dreadnought with twin-linked lascannon, at 130 points, is something that's been suggested and would fit your list well (the remaining 8 points could cover Extra Armor and Smoke Launchers) but as you said it will attract fire from every enemy AT unit on the board. If you can keep the Dread alive that's not neccessarily a bad thing; every squad that shoots at the Dreadnought is not shooting at your much more vulnerable Guardsmen or your very expensive Knights.

If you're willing to leave your Brother-Captain without his psycannon, you would have enough points to add two more Guardsmen squads, one with a lascannon and the other with a Missile Launcher and Grenade Launcher. That puts you at exactly 1000 points, and adds two good anti-armor weapons to your list along with more guardsmen to soak enemy fire and shoot back.

Archived