Angels of Redemption Termie

Riverwind

Yeah. I'm working on getting 40 mm bases. They're not going to be any fun to attach to the metal models though.

They're not too bad. I use them on a hell of a lot of figures, actually.

Take clippers (or some decent knife work) and get rid of a good chunk of the metal tab, leaving the rest of the area smooth. Leave a good peg of it in a strong place, like under the mini's foot. Put a hole in the 40mm base and stick this peg into it. Once you glue that in and the smooth parts of the figure onto the rest of the base, it's fairly solid.

Sorry to threadjack - very nice paintjob by the way. Big fan of the bone and green contrast, especially in a nice split scheme!

'Cause if you intend to use it in a game, you're gonna need a bigger base. ;)

No you don't.

From what I've heard you need to have your opponent's permission to use a base other than the base currently packaged with that unit. So for casual play, probably not. But officially, termies come on 40mm bases.

From what I've heard you need to have your opponent's permission to use a base other than the base currently packaged with that unit. So for casual play, probably not. But officially, termies come on 40mm bases.

Old termies like that still to this day ship with the smaller bases, some come with an additional 40MM but not all.

Regarding the base, that is an old terminator on the base it was sold with. Last I heard, you didn't have to rebase models onto new bases, just can't put new ones on old bases. Same is true for old Tyranid Monstrous Creatures on their square bases. I might be wrong, but I hope not.

Archived