Combat Squads & Vehicles

Fulminata

I was wondering if a squad broken into 2 combat squads can begin the game riding in the same transport? For example, a 10-man Devastator squad riding together in a Rhino. I deploy the heavy weapons +1 marine behind some cover to get set while the other combat squad (armed with bolters) continues to ride in the rhino. I know would have to declare before the game begins which units are broken into combat squads, but I couldn't find anything on the website or the book about riding in the same transport at the beginning. If it is in the rulebook, can someone give me the page reference in the 5th Edition rulebook. Thx.

Don't know where the ruling is in the BBB ( and I doubt it is even in there), but as far as DA we can only have one unit ride in a transport at a time. Once we spilt them into combat squads they count as 2 seperate units. only IC joining the unit can ride along but that is still only one unit. Check the FAQ for Dark Angels.

Check which list (BA/DA/etc) you are using for how the combat squads work. For BA, once you combat split they are separate units for all purposes from that moment of splitting. So no sharing a taxi.

The splitting happens at deployment (and cant combat squad reserves), so they couldn't have been in the same transport at any point in the game, from initial deployment onwards.

Like SeattleDB8 said, two units cannot ride in the same transport.

The basic rules of transports are that only one unit can be transported at a time. Of course, there are special units, mostly superheavies, that can carry multiple units. The rule for this can be found under dedicated tranports. Just dig around in the book till you find it. It's in there, though. I don't have the book on me right now.

As far as the combat squad goes, once it seperates upon deployment, it becomes a seperate unit for all intents and purposes.

Archived