Combat consolidation against vehicles

King_Pash

I had a quick look through the rulebook but couldn't find a quick answer to this so thought i'd see if anyone can clear this up for me.

Scenario:

I assault a Rhino, destroy it. Do I get to consolidate afterwards?

Btw, 2ns question.

Can you disembark from fast vehicles moving 12"+ (such as a BA Rhino with OCE)?

Thanks peeps.

P63, top right. No consolidation.

12" disembark? Nothing that prevents it on 67 that I see. Nothing in the BA codex OCE section either. So unless someone finds a rule, I think it might be a 4th edition used-to-be-that-way situation. I might be missing something blatant somewhere, just not seeing it though.

12" disembark? Nothing that prevents it on 67 that I see. Nothing in the BA codex OCE section either. So unless someone finds a rule, I think it might be a 4th edition used-to-be-that-way situation. I might be missing something blatant somewhere, just not seeing it though.

That's because it's on p70! You can't get in or out of a vehicle that moved flat-out in the same turn.

That's because it's on p70! You can't get in or out of a vehicle that moved flat-out in the same turn.

But the BA rhino with Over-charge does not move 12" as it's flat-out speed. It's flat-out speed maxes at 18" and it counts as a fast vehicle so the question still stands: can a BA Rhino with OCE disembark after 12"?

The 12"+/flat out cap on bailing out on page 70 is in the fast moving vehicles section, not the transport section, and not in the index. BA dex says treated as fast. So can't get out, per the original post.

Flat out is 12" to 18".

oh, sorry....

Flat out is 12" to 18" on p70!

But the BA rhino with Over-charge does not move 12" as it's flat-out speed. It's flat-out speed maxes at 18" and it counts as a fast vehicle so the question still stands: can a BA Rhino with OCE disembark after 12"?

Am I missing something about overcharging?

As I understand it, overcharging simply turns the vehicle into a fast vehicle for the turn, giving it access to the "flat out" speed range, which is >12" to 18".

The rules for fast transports expressly forbid (dis)embarking if the vehicle has moved/intends to move flat out.

Therefore, although it does not speficically say you cannot (dis)embark at over 12", this is the overall effect of the fast vehicle rules.

The only exception I can find is if roads are used. A vehicle following a road moves at up to 18" at cruising speed, so presumably (dis)embarkation is still allowed.

Therefore, although it does not speficically say you cannot (dis)embark at over 12", this is the overall effect of the fast vehicle rules.

The only exception I can find is if roads are used. A vehicle following a road moves at up to 18" at cruising speed, so presumably (dis)embarkation is still allowed.

I am sure this is a loophole in the rules, but it does appear to be true for non-fast vehicles.

Archived