Search and Destroy

Lord Solcia

( Because I did not get the feedback I wanted from Full Circle, I'm moving onto another short story series, and I'm going back to Inquisitorial tales. C&C desired heavily. Thank you - Solcia )

Search and Destroy

by Frankie DiSalvo

The door hastily opened, letting in the dim light of the moon into the musky place. Two figures, tied together in a passionate kiss bustled into the apartment room, one of them, a woman, breaking away from her partner and stumbling into the back of the room, leaning against a wall. Her partner, a man closed the door behind him, causing the room to once more be enveloped in the darkness of night. He looked on at the woman, her barely clothed flesh glistening with the sweat of lust. Her raven-colored hair shining with luster even in the lack of light. The man grinned a toothy grin at the wonderful sight, adjusted his glasses onto the bridge of his nose, and put his hands through his greying hair.

He took a few steps towards her, eying her young, supple body which was revealed as half of the moon peaked in from some clouds and into the window, looking on at the lovers. The thoughts of what he could do to her raced through his mind, she would be a wonderful offering to his masters after he had his way with her. The thoughts raced on. So much could be done with her soft, healthy skin, her young bones, and her fresh blood. The act of stripping her body clean, part by part after this act of defilement amused him to a degree few have known.

It was odd, he had to admit. Many a time he had lured unsuspecting girls such as this one to his abode and added them to his tally of sacrifices to his laughing and thirsting Gods. He had been blessed by The Dark Prince with the gifts of charming those who he intended to gather for The Prince and his kin. Yet this girl seemed to have been the one with the charming effect this time. He loved women, all women. He loved every bit of them, from their hair, to their flesh, to their blood, and to the scream that only they could deliver when he ran them through. Yet, it was still odd as he felt like he never had felt for a girl before. He simply shook the thoughts out of his head, and smirked a dark smirk, taking a few more steps through the dark room before reaching his victim.

He got behind the young woman and embraced her, grabbing onto her curves and kissing her neck affectionately. In a gruff and passionate tone he whispered in her ear, "Your beauty makes me want to weep in your radiance, fall to my knees before you and do things that some would consider a younger man would be much more suited for."

The young woman just gasped and let out a small moan as his hands moved on her body. The man moved along her neck once more, before looked down on it, a wicked, plotting smile appearing on his face as he thought of the blood that coursed through it. Just before he was about to sink his seemingly filed teeth into the warm skin of the woman, the smell of brimstone and corpses overwhelmed him. He felt a presence in the room, a presence that made his blood feel like it froze. He looked up from his current task, and across the room, on his lounging chair, something sat, half of its body revealed from the shining, eerie light of the moon.

The man adjusted his glasses once more, inspecting the shape, determining it was the outline of a man. The moonlight revealed the rest of the stranger, sitting in his room, a red haze could be seen in the room now. The man opened his mouth to say something, but the words stopped in his throat he revealed his tongue to the strange, red mist. He tasted the metallic sensation of blood, it was blood! His eyes opened wide at the realization and stared at the sitting man.

This strange man sat with his arms on his knees and his head hung low. He wore a long, dark red overcoat, with an intricately knotted bow on his neck. He also wore a charcoal colored suit under the overcoat, with boots of the same color. A fedora hat, with a wide, floppy brim and golden medallion just above the brim covered his face.

In a deep tone, the stranger broke the silence, "Humans are so odd...beset on all sides by their doom...and yet they prey on one another like the cornered and pitted animals they are..."

The man stood, paralyzed as this stranger looked up at himself and the woman; who was shivering immensely, with orange-tinted glasses that shone brightly, even only the dim light to reflect off of them. The man then looked on in terror as he saw what the golden medallion on the man's hat was, a stylized letter 'I'. The Inquisition had found him and his cultist status, but how? He was always so careful, always making sure that he never drew any attention to himself. He had done this for years of his life for his Gods, and now they abandoned him to be killed by one of the Emperor's lap dogs! How could it end like this!? This stranger smirked, filed teeth in the same way of his own could be seen.

The stranger, who the man could only guess was an Inquisitor, reached into under his overcoat, drawing out a large handgun, a kind he had never even seen before. The Inquisitor hung his head low again, and then pointed it at his direction.

"Please no!" the man begged, breaking away from the woman, any lust for her gone now, like a spell over him was broken. "I swear, I never did anything on purpose! Please don't kill me! Please!" he pleaded, facing his mortality in the face of the long barreled gun.

The Inquisitor's gun fired, sending out a large bark into the stillness of the night. The man's bladder had relieved itself as he heard the noise, closing his eyes and wincing, readying himself to be commended to oblivion.

Nothing happened...

The man opened his eyes, to see his glasses and most of his body was covered in blood and brain matter. The young woman who he was trying to seduce just minutes ago slumped to the ground and then laid down onto the cold floor.

The man opened his mouth, turning to the Inquisitor, about to ask what was the reason for this, but then snapped to the girl's body as it began convulsing on the floor. Large, beast-like growls and moans echoed throughout the room as the body rose from the ground, rising slightly into the air. The man could see the shimmering outline of something around the girl's body, snarling and roaring.

The Inquisitor still sat in the chair, hanging his head low as his wide hat covered any sign of what he was feeling. The gun barked three more times, shredding the girl's body into bloody chunks which splattered everywhere.

The girl's bodies shook and even without a head, let out a bestial roar which faded as her body then combusted into purple and pink flames, flopping onto the ground, convulsing some more as she burned away to ash.

The man stood speechless to what he had just seen, covered in the blood of what he thought had been a regular girl. He flinched as the Inquisitor rose from the chair and began to approach him, ever so slowly, the Inquisitor's body moving lankly from side to side, his head still hung low as he did.

The man, finally snapping back to reality, reached into his waist pocket and pulled out a laspistol, holding it in both hands, trembling as the dark red figure came to him ever so closer. Even with the trembling of his body, the las-bolts hit the Inquisitor, tearing holes into his body, blood bursting from the wounds.

The man looked on in deeper horror as the Inquisitor still approached, even when riddled full of the las-bolts. His eyes widened even further as he saw that the wounds he had inflicted were indeed holes that had been punched into this Inquisitor's...no...this thing's body, the moon's light shining through the openings. He looked at these wounds he had inflicted, noticing that after the initial burst, no blood was coming from then. They then sealed up, clothing and all, as if nothign had ever happened. There was no way this thing was human.

The man kept on firing his pistol, which kept punching holes into this monster, only for the wounds to seal up after a second of existence. He closed his eyes, firing until the power cell was out. He opened his eyes, only to be greeted with the view of the monster's broad chest. He looked up, seeing that this monster was looking down at him, its eyes red as the color of blood, and shining a sinister grin down upon him. The man looked up, still speechless, until he gathered up the courage to say something, and after a hard swallow, he spoke under his breath with a meek tone, "What are you?"

The monster's grin grew bigger as the man uttered this. The man's bladder emptied for a second time. The monster's eyes looked into his own, seeming to pierce into his very soul. The man saw everything this thing had seen, had felt, everything. After a few moments, the man fell to his knees, as good as dead as he was now a mindless husk, foaming from the mouth and his eyes burst from their sockets.

Banging could be heard outside the room as the door busted open. Local enforcers entered, looking around the room with lights and auspexes. They saw no one, save for a pile of ashes and the mind wiped man.

The local officers never found the cause for this mystery.

Meanwhile, outside of the apartment, a personal car rested on the street, across from the building where the violence had transpired. The window rolled down as the being with the dark red overcoat approached it. The dark being stopped at the door with the window opened, and not even turning to it he said in the same dark and deep tone, "Target neutralized..." It then began to walk again, down the street, and seeming to phase into a building that got in its path.

Inside the car, a young woman with long blonde hair, olive skin and small, eye glasses in front of wild emerald eyes sat, smoking a cigar. She wore an elaborate outfit of clothing with an emblazoned, golden 'I' on the collar of it. She signaled her driver to go and rolled up the window. The car drove off, into the fog of the moonlit night.

Now, don't get me wrong, this was an excellent read, well written and mysterious.

However, I think that it lacked the "something". Alas, I didn't feel any sympathy,

grievance or anything for the sake of the characters, nor did the plot 'encourage'

me to read further in hopes of seeing how it all ends.

I think the hard-factors of your writing skills (paragraphing, dialogue, descriptions)

are quite strong, but that you still need to find the softer ones to really make the

reader to devour your texts.

In any case, moar of this stuff. : )

• 2 weeks later...

DING DING DING!

We have our winner! Yup! It's inspired by Hellsing 100%

I'm making an Inquisitorial force dedicated to the Hellsing Organization, and am writing an 40k-ized version of the TV Animation.

Archived