oni's Ultramarines

-oni-

Hi all,

I figured it was time for me to make an account here on TBaC. Some of you may recognize me as oni on Warseer and Dakka, but it would seem that that SN has been taken here. ;)

Anyway, I figured I'd start off by posting a pic of my Ultramarines army progress. It's been coming along slowly and now that I have my AoBR box set I'm more focused on painting those minis, but here's what I have so far and if you're interested in checking out further progress and other 40K hoopla stop by my blog, the link is in my sig.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h199/oninopoo/combat_squad_final.jpg

HAHA! All of the purity seals are blank actually. I do plan on correcting this. I'm waiting to find the right size micron pen to achieve what I want them to look like. At this point I'm thinking no such pen exists.

my what a radiant blue (gets frilly :/) how did you do it?

I'm not sure what you mean by "gets frilly" so I'm not quite sure how to respond, but if you're curious to know how I painted them you can check out my blog, (link in signature) there's a complete run down on how I painted them.

I recognise that painting technique... same one as the one they published for the "How to paint Space Marines" book, am I right?

They look awesome, crisp and clean paint job. I was considering using this technique for my Ultramarines, but instead using washes for the recessed instead.

I recognise that painting technique... same one as the one they published for the "How to paint Space Marines" book, am I right?

They look awesome, crisp and clean paint job. I was considering using this technique for my Ultramarines, but instead using washes for the recessed instead.

You are spot on. :tu:

And thank you!

Never been a fan of marines with crisp looks as walking though battlefields tends to get your armour rather grubby. But these marines are like eye candy I can't stop looking back at them ;)

Nicely done, as I said I usually don't go for clean marines but these I like very much. Looking forward to seeing some more. :)

Never been a fan of marines with crisp looks as walking though battlefields tends to get your armour rather grubby. But these marines are like eye candy I can't stop looking back at them ;)

I find myself doing the same thing... I might have to abandon my wash idea and go ol' skool (without basecoats and washes :))

HAHA! All of the purity seals are blank actually. I do plan on correcting this. I'm waiting to find the right size micron pen to achieve what I want them to look like. At this point I'm thinking no such pen exists.

one such pen does exist - i once boiught something called a 'mapping pen' which had an uber-small nib...i used this for script on parchment. unfortunatly, even if you can find one they are only available in black :P

I think what I like about them the most is the darker gold that you used, which doesn't contrast so sharply with your excellent blue. I think softer contrasts look more realistic, even if your guys are painted in a clean style.

Bravo and keep up the good work!

Archived