Thinking of a new Faith Power

Toogeloo

Tell me if you guys think this seems like a respectable or ridiculous new Faith power. All comments welcome :devil:

Shelter of the Saint

The Sisters feel as if the Living Saint watches over them in battle and this inspires them to shake off many wounds that could kill even the heartiest man.

Phase: Enemy's Shooting phase or either player's Assault phase.

Test of Faith: Roll equal to or under the current number of models in the squad.

Effect: Roll at the beginning of the phase. The unit gains the Universal Special Rule "Feel No Pain" until the end of the phase.

The name doesn't fit, but other than that, it sounds okay.

I'd call it "Will of the Saints"

Also, there's been numerous Living Saints over the years, as it's a title delivered by the Ecclesiarchy... so "the living saint" should probablyb e changed to "the Emperor".

I feel as if there are too many Faith powers that reference the Emperor, so I wanted to go with something a little different. So how about calling it "Shelter of the Saints" and then, "The Sisters feel as though the Saints of the Past and Present watch over them in battle..."

Giving a defensive power that rolls under current squad size runs counter to the design of the entire faith point system. I think giving such a potent defensive ability geared toward large squads is indeed broken and unbalancing.

It sort of 'plugs a hole' in the coverage of what you can do with faith, that was left there for a reason!!!

Phred's got it nailed. the whole thing about faith is that it serves the purposes of the unit size without being significantly overpowered. So You'll benefit from shooting/assaulting powers when you've got the numbers (e.g. DG) but when they've whittled you down it's easier to get the defensive AoF's (e.g. SotM).

There's a definite balancing act with the way they've been designed rather than just bolting on abilities.

/agree to rolling over squad size

In theory, that would be a good faith act.

(Would it be simultaneously usable with "Spirit"?)

I'd like an act that maybe gives the squad the effect of a Sarissa while charging.

And I think "The Passion" should be FAQ'd to apply to all Initiative transactions during the Assault Phase.

(Which I think is the actual intention of the rule if they ever FAQ it).

Further, all rolls of "Passion" should also be on 3 dice, and pick your favorite two. (Still rolling over squad size as usual).

In exchange for such a FAQ, I'd even be willing to drop the Auto-Pass that Seraphim get on thier H-n-R breakoff roll.

I wouldn't.

For the sarissa...

Wrath of the Faithful

The Sisters' blows strike with such fury anf fervor that their foes cannot resist their wrath.

Phase: On the player's assault phase, if the specified squad gets a charge bonus.

Test of Faith: Roll equal to or under the current number of models in the squad. A roll of 12 always fails.

Effect: All models in the squad may re-roll their roll to wounds for each attack during assault(s) that turn. This includes bonus attacks gained from charging. Each attack may only be re-rolled once, and the second roll must be accepted. This does not combine with other to-wound re-rolling bonuses such as that of the Sarissa.

Archived