580 pt match, is my opponent in trouble, or am I?

Toogeloo

I don't have Black Reach and I don't know what is included in it for the Marines, but my friend challenged me to a 580 pt match this weekend on a 4x4 board. He is fielding all the Marines from Black Reach (apparently 580 pts) as he wanted to test them out and see how they play (He usually plays Guard) and I told him I would field my Inquisitional forces and none of my girls. Neither of us is really experienced beyond our armies of specialty (I usually play Sisters without Inqs).

I decided to field:

HQ

Inquisitor Lord - 120

3x Gun Servitors w/ Heavy Bolters

EL1

Death Cult Assassin {2} - 80

EL2

Callidus Assassin - 120

TR1

Storm Troopers {9} - 190

2x Meltagun

Chimera w/ Multi-Laser

TR2

Storm Troopers {5} - 70

2x Plasmagun

Where do you think the advantage lies? I know he has a dreadnought and about 15 Marines, but not sure what else he has.

Don't get assaulted by the captain or dread and you should have it in the bag =) The terminators in AoBR don't have a special weapon, so they're just some slow walking storm bolters, should be able to whittle them down with plasma fire. The new counter assault rule has seriously gimped the Callidus, but she should still be able to take out a combat squad or put a big hole in the termies. Your only weakness is that the only thing that can really put a hurt on the dread is 12" range melta guns. Your best bet is probably just to stay the heck away from him.

Don't underestimate Terminators, and definately not those Storm Bolters! Storm Bolters will put serious hurt on any of your squads, so don't get cocky!

I think the Chimera will be your greatest piece here, cause other than a Missile Launcher, there will be nothing that can hurt it a extreme range.

Be careful, and don't underestimate the resilience of Marines!

Archived