Counts as Cassius

Roughneck

Still have some cleaning up to do and maybe some more greenstuff work, but I'm pleased with the progress so far.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg199/Laghostra/Chappy4.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg199/Laghostra/Chappy3.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg199/Laghostra/Chappy1.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg199/Laghostra/Chappy2.jpg

Love the metal rivets that you did, what did you use btw?

Pose is good, and all, but I second the thought of a cape. I think it would add that much more to the model, kinda like a spawn type "movement in the wind thing".

Hi there, your green stuff skills are most excellent. I really like that model, and think the parchment gorin cloth would be a great idea and really suit.

May I ask where you get your green stuff? I recently got 35" of a supplier on ebay, and its not brilliant, so would like a decent supplier!!

The skull is my faveourite part, its very very well done. Infact, this model looks much more imposing than 'tiny' cassius as we call him round here.

Thats a brilliant idea to use paper clips for rivets, Are they difficult to file down? or is there a particularly soft type of paperclip? Saying that, I have some soldering/fuse wire of varying thickness around thatmight also work... Cheers!!

Nice job, really like what you did with the torso. The combi flamer is nicely done also, something I may steal in due course! :)

Tiny nitpick, I would add some teeth to the death mask if possible. At the moment they just look like empty sockets to me.

I think the flamer needs a fuel tank. Other than that it looks top notch.

yes but its only a combi hence a single shot so it doesnt need a tank that would make it look like a a flamer with a single shot bolter ! :D

Hi there, your green stuff skills are most excellent. I really like that model, and think the parchment gorin cloth would be a great idea and really suit.

Thanks :P I'm actually finishing up the parchment loin cloth right now.

May I ask where you get your green stuff? I recently got 35" of a supplier on ebay, and its not brilliant, so would like a decent supplier!!

Try the Kneadatite Blue/Yellow tubes. The two colors are packaged seperately, avoiding the problem of "strip packaged" greenstuff hardening where the colors touch. If your FLGS can't get it, I know TheWarStore carries it.

Thats a brilliant idea to use paper clips for rivets, Are they difficult to file down? or is there a particularly soft type of paperclip? Saying that, I have some soldering/fuse wire of varying thickness around thatmight also work... Cheers!!

It was a new idea I'd been wanting to try. Turns out it's more time consuming than using green or brownstuff to make rivets, however they came out nice and uniform.

Tiny nitpick, I would add some teeth to the death mask if possible. At the moment they just look like empty sockets to me.

That's been the plan all along ;) In fact, the teeth are already done hehe.

I think the flamer needs a fuel tank. Other than that it looks top notch.

yes but its only a combi hence a single shot so it doesnt need a tank that would make it look like a a flamer with a single shot bolter ! :lol:

That was my thinking wiplash, the fuel canister would make the gun a bit too bulky for my tastes.

Excellent sculpting. This chaplain looks great, he is in a wonderful pose and would look amazing leading any army.

What kind of tools do you use for sculpting? I want to try my hand at some more advanced sculpting but am unsure what sort of tools I should be working with.

Archived