Marked!

roon

Hello everyone,

Since I wondered how a WG would act in 5th, I decided to make a Space Wolf who has the Mark. Considering if he wouldn't be that good game terms, he would make a nice addition in my display :). My first thought was to take a 40mm base, add some cork, a slashed Ork, and a pumped up Space Wolf with twin lightning claws. But since I loosly pinned my model yesterday evening to get a better look to see what pose I want him to have, I think the Ork would be too much. It would get to crowdy on the base I guess.

Mind that the right claw has to be lifted a bit to give him that ''slashing'' look...

Without further delay, my first WIP pictures :)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d126/Wolfman_roon/Space%20Wolves/MotW%20WIP/untitled.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d126/Wolfman_roon/Space%20Wolves/MotW%20WIP/untitledd.jpg

Nice claw choice, the skulls work in nicely. :)

My plan exactly was a 2 LC model but I'm still playing around with SS\PW instead to see how I like having a more survivable model... we'll see.

I'm assuming you'll be adding some hair here and there and a possible beard with GS? Try to make him look as wolf-like as possible?

You got a great running pose in the standard PA, I'll be using Khorne Bezerker legs to get the running pose (or skating pose depending on how you're looking :blink: ).

Thanks guys! It's still very much WIP, so all the parts are still not attached. Arms, legs, backpack shoulderpads and head are just held together with pieces of paperclip and some blu-tac to test the model as a whole. This means still alot of filing and sanding to do to get the pieces to fit properly, and after that of course the necessary Green stuff treatment. The head will be given wild hair and some sideburns so the feral mouth is still visible. I also want to see if I can attach some chains to give the model the apperance that it has completely turn loose on it's victoms. I'm also lookign for some ways to bulk him up a little, just to make him even more wild and berserky.

More pic's when I continue... ;)

I like what you've done with the running legs. And he looks seconds from bringing down that left hook on some unfortunate fool, perhaps a few.

I made a marked guy a year ago or so, I'll try to get the pics up, but until then here is the short version:

I used a metal werewolf model and cut out the front torso area enough to fit in the power armor chest plate, bent the hand to hold a power weapon, gave him shoulder pads and a backpack. Minus a lot of filing and few detail bits that was it.

He looks unique and is a fun piece to use but not very effective being hit on 3's with only one wound.

One way I used in a few games to get around his vulnerability (which is kind-of pushing the rules in my own opinion, so I stopped) was to take a 9-Grey Hunter drop pod squad, give them the wolf sgt and mark him. Then just roll reserves for the dop; the guys and wulfen jump out and go their seperate ways. he has just as much right as anyone to use the pod, yes?

But I digerss... great model, I hope to see it painted soon.

Gunther

• 2 weeks later...

Love the model, looks amazing!

I'm currently working on some space wolves myself using a combination of chaos stuff and the exising space wolf stuff. i've also got hold of the upgrade kit form forge world!

Quick question, where are the lightning claws from?? i don't recognise them!!!

Archived