penitent engine rampage rule

corncob

does this rule take effect before the +1 modifier for it being opened top is added. For example if my opponent roles a two on the vehicle damage chart does the penitent engine treat the role as a three or is it ignored before the modifier takes effect.

I hope I worded that clearly

All modifiers are added prior to determining the final result. So if you score a glancing hit with a Melta gun against the Penitent Engine and then subsequently roll a 2 on the damage table, then you add the modifiers together -2 +1 +1 = 0 and then add the result to the dice roll, so a 2.

In your example, your opponent rolls a 2 meaning that the Penitent Engine loses one of it's flamers. The Rampage rule does not take effect.

If you look in the Witch Hunter Codex, in the Armoury, it will tell you that each vehicle's entry will explain what wargear options it can take. Now when you look at the Units you can choose, the first vehicles you come across are Transports (specifically Chimera, Rhino, and Land Raider), and at the top of the transports section it tells you what they can buy for upgrades as they all have the same upgrade capacity. The next vehicles you find are the Heavy Supports (specifically Immolators, Exorcists, and Penitent Engines). These vehicles have their own entries, under options, since each one differs in what it can take versus the others. Penitent Engines have no options.

Archived