DIY Lesser Daemons

Brother Gothard

Done using Squigs from the WHFB orcs and goblin range. 5 Cave Squigs, straight out of the box (minus the 5th, for whom I ran out of patience...).

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8383/img6507am9.jpg

Pinned with a paperclip, bases built up with GS, slapped on bricks made from plastic sprue, and horticultural sand for gravel, and home made barbed-wire. Not bad, I think. I'm still trying to figure what colour to paint them ... They're for my Word Bearers (shown in the back) so Red. I'm thinking deep dark blue, or a bright yellow/blue Tzeentch style scheme.

They're $25 for 5, half again as expensive as the new plastic daemons, but I wanted something un marked and non-god specific. Short of using Skeletons or sculpting my own, this is what I came up with. Not bad, I think.

I'm toying with adding tiny bat wings to their backs - night lords style, I think. If I do another 5 I'll have to get creative to avoid repetition among the models (as there are only 5).

TURNS OUT I GOT THE IDEA FROM COMMISSAR MOLOTOV. I feel awkward about it, but at least its still a cool idea.

Woah!

Molly that's a GREAT idea! Wait a minute .. I think I've seen that before. Is that where I got the idea?

Hmm .. now you've convinced me to do 2 things: 1, credit you with my discovery; 2, put little wings on my little guys.

Jeez, now I feel bad. The whole time I was patting myself on the back and it turns out I may have seen YOU use them first.

Woah!

Molly that's a GREAT idea! Wait a minute .. I think I've seen that before. Is that where I got the idea?

Hmm .. now you've convinced me to do 2 things: 1, credit you with my discovery; 2, put little wings on my little guys.

Jeez, now I feel bad. The whole time I was patting myself on the back and it turns out I may have seen YOU use them first.

Haha, I think I maybe got the idea from one of those 'creature feature' articles, possibly. Either way, no idea's REALLY that original. Putting little (totally useless, really) wings on them could look great, though.

Don't feel bad, try and out-do me with the better conversion! ;)

Archived